التقرير الاسبوعي ـ عفرين تحت الاحتلال ـ 188
مترجم إلى اللغة الانكليزية
Afrin under occupation (188):
The village of “Nazah”, a wide demographic change, arbitrary arrests and a list of detainees’ names from the village of “Ma`amela”, cutting down natural forests, creating chaos in Sheikh Al-Hadid
With the killing of Abd al-Razzaq al-Obaid, one of the recruits of Hama, the issue of Faylaq al-Sham security, and its private prison in the village of Iska-Shirawa was exposed, so its leadership was forced to dissolve it and transfer the prisoners from it! But there are dozens of private and secret prisons for the militias of the so-called “National Army” in the region, so what is the fate of the tortured and forcibly disappeared there? Under the “mercy” of whom they remain? How long will the dubious silence of the international community continue regarding the Turkish occupation and its mercenaries and the very bad prevailing conditions?
The following are the violations and crimes committed:
= Nazah village:
It belongs to Shara / Sharran district and is 19 km away from its center, and it consists of about / 165 houses/, in which were about /850/ original Kurdish inhabitants were living, all of whom were displaced during the aggression against the area, and about / 57 families = 170 people / returned from them, and about /110 families = 650 people/ from the recruiters have been resettled there.
Due to the bombing, /4 houses/ were partially damaged, and the “Al-Sham Legion” militia controlled the village, which prevented the return of the people to it until mid-May 2018, when they seized about /110 houses/, and stole all the contents of the village’s houses except for two, including supplies, furniture, tools and electric equipment, , copper utensils, etc., as well as two cars (a pickup for “Majid Sheikho”, a taxi for “Ahmed Khalil”), two electric generating sets (amperes) for “Ahmed Ibrahim, Muhammad Hamid Sheikho”, and all the equipment’s of the olive press belonging to “Ahmed Othman”, and the seizure of its building and turn it into a stable for cows, drinking water meters, a transformer and the cables of the public electricity network and all its wooden poles, cables of the high-voltage line, and the land telephone cables extending from the center of Maydanki and within the village, and an electrical generating set for the drinking water pumping station for the villages of “Nazah, Maydanki, Darwish, Alchia” which was later equipped and operated by a relief organization.
It seized a farmhouse building and turned it into a stable for cows, and about /700/ olive trees from the absentees’ properties. It also imposed a 50% royalty on the olive harvests for the absentees’ properties and 10% on the seasons of the properties of those present there.
Hundreds of olive trees and many of the forestry trees of the “Takî Ta” shrine – the western edge of the village – were cut down unjustly, for the purpose of woodcutting and trading.
The remaining residents were subjected to various types of violations, including kidnapping, arbitrary arrests, torture, insults and material extortion. Dozens of them were arrested for different periods, with ransoms and fines imposed. The young man, Hussein Khalil Ibrahim, 22 years old, is still being held in Marateh prison – Afrin, and his elderly parents are unable to pay the fines and hire lawyers for his release, as he was arrested in April 2018 and forcibly disappeared for more than four and a half years.
= Arbitrary arrests:
Occupation authorities arrested:
– On 7/2/2022 AD, the citizens “Shiar Mahmoud and his wife Jevin Ahmed” from the village of “Joqeh” – Afrin, were arrested by the Turkish intelligence and police, and they were released on February 13, 2022 AD, after imposing a fine of /2000/ Turkish lira on each one of them. The citizen “Ahmed Amin Alkhado / 42 years old” from the same village is still being arbitrarily detained, while his brother “Salam” was released ten days ago, who were arrested on 19/1/2022 AD.
– About ten days ago, Ismat Hassan Primo, 38 years old, from the village of “Ghazawiya” – Sherawa, came from the “Turendeh” checkpoint – the southern entrance to Afrin, and three days later, Khalil Ahmed Primo, 36 years old, Dashti. Aziz Primo, 39 years old, Rudi Refaat Kivu, 40 years old, and Jalil Ahmed Primo, 35 years old, from the same village, were arrested by the Military Police – Afrin, where the latter was released and the rest were taken to Maratha prison.
-On February 25, 2022 AD, the citizen, “Joan Yusef son of Muhammad Nour”, from the village of “Araba” – Mabata / Maabatli, was attacked by the militias of the “Mohammed Al-Fateh Brigade”, because he refused forced labor imposed by them; As he was previously arrested and forcibly disappeared between 3/4/2018 and 25/1/2021.
– On 26/2/2022 AD, the citizens “Abdo Muhammad Jabo / 56 / Abdo Khalil Hesso / 47 years”, from the village of “Kakhreh” – Mabata / Maabatli, under the pretext that they were transporting mourners of the martyrs with their buses during the previous Autonomous Administration, they were released after being held for days.
– On February 26, 2022 AD, the citizen “Hussein Abdo Tona, 65 years old”, from the village of “Hekejeh” – Jenderes, was arrested by the police.
Moreover, we obtained a list of the names of sixty people, including elderly people, from the village of “Ma`amala” – Raju, who were arrested during the past three months, on the pretext that they participated in the night watch even for one day during the former Autonomous Administration. They were released after days of imprisonment and a fine of up to for /2000/ Turkish Lira for each one of them.
= Forest cut:
– By comparing photos taken by Google Earth in (July 2017, before the occupation and the cutting, and August 2020 AD after the occupation and the cutting) of two natural forests, we find that the percentage of cuts is up to 90% in the first, west of the village of “Ramadana” – Jenderes, with an estimated area of /62 hectares/, and 35% per second north of the village of “Dala” – Mabata / Maabatli, with an estimated area of / 16 / hectares; Considering that the cutting continues from the second date until now (more than two and a half years), the two forests have been almost completely exterminated.
= Other violations:
– Gunmen stole tools and equipment from the homes of citizens “Rajab Muhammad, Youssef Ahmed” in the village of “Joqeh” – Afrin.
– An armed militia member of the “Sultan Suleiman Shah Division – Al-Amshat” militia assaulted the citizen “Khalil Haji son of Mustafa, 43 years old” from the same village, severely beating and injuring him, because of his claim to his seized shop.
– After the decision issued to dismiss the so-called “Muhammad Al-Jassem-Abu Amsha” and exile him from Shiye/Sheikh Al-Hadid district and hand over the administration of the district to the “military police” militia, its elements deliberately stirred up chaos, so the cases of theft increased, and the people feared that the violations would escalate in a different image from the previous one, and in different ways, the situation gets worse.
The responsibility for the lives of the forcibly disappeared and those arbitrarily detained on unjust charges, and for the violations and degrading of human dignity that occurred to them, lies with the Turkish occupation authorities, especially since the Turkish intelligence directly supervises the file of arrests and militia prisons and the crimes committed in them.
Media Office – Afrin
The Kurdish Democratic Unity Party in Syria (Yekiti)
– The village of “Nazah” and the seizeure of an olive press.
– A list of the names of /60/ people from the village of “Ma`amala” – Raju, who were arrested during the past three months.
– A forest west of “Ramadana” village – Jenderes (July 2017 AD before the occupation and the exclusion, August 2020 AD after the occupation and exclusion).
– A forest north of the village of “Dala” – Mabata / Maabatli (July 2017 AD before the occupation and the exclusion, August 2020 AD after the occupation and exclusion).
Translated by Europe’s Organization of Democratic Unity Kurdish Party in Syria (Yekîti)