التقرير الاسبوعي ـ عفرين تحت الاحتلال ـ 185
مترجم إلى اللغة الانكليزية
Afrin under occupation (185):
The village of “Kafar Ziteh” – seizure of property, cutting down trees, arbitrary arrests, clashes between “Ahrar al-Sham and al-Hamzat”, extermination of a natural forest
The government of Ankara and the Syrian-Brotherhood coalition still claim and lie that Afrin region is safe, despite the continuation of daily incidents of violations, crimes, loss of peace and security, and fighting between militias.
We document the following:
= Kafar Ziteh “Keferzîtê” village:
It belongs to the district of Afrin Center and is 13 km away from it, and it consisted of about /175/ houses were about /1200/ residents of Kurds (Yazidis and Muslims) used to live in, they were all displaced during the aggression on the region, and approximately /90%/ of them returned.
About /1000/ people from the recruiters were resettled there, most of them are in tents set up in the vicinity of the village, and they are livestock breeders.
The militia of the “Al-Hamzat Division” took control of the village, and made the two villas belonging to “Abdo Khalo and Ali Shan” as military headquarters, and seized the houses of the absentees, including their contents, and stole from the rest supplies, copper utensils, gas cylinders, electrical and other tools and equipment, the transformer, the public electricity network cables, the high-voltage cables extending from the junction of the neighboring village of “Telfeh”, the land-line telephone network cable with its main cable extending from the same junction, and a number of cars and agricultural tractors were recovered after their owners paid royalties. Incidents of theft of property belonging to the indigenous population are frequent to this day.
It also seized the buildings of two olive presses belonging to “the late Othman Ismail, Abdo Khalo”, as well as the “Ali Shan” gas station in the city of Afrin, and about / 7 / thousands of olive trees for the families of “Khalo, Shan, Kelly Khairi…”.
And imposed various taxes on olive seasons belonging to the property of the remaining ones, in addition to olive thefts.
Thousands of olive trees were unjustly cut down and about /50/ perennial bearing trees, which served as shrines and places for summer holidays, for the purpose of firewood and trade; There is unjust grazing of herds of livestock between olive fields and agricultural lands, without anyone daring to prevent it or complain against the breeders, as the elderly “Ali Hasso / 70 years” was once subjected to severe beatings and humiliation after his objection to the grazing of sheep in his field.
The residents of the village were subjected to various types of violations, including kidnapping, arbitrary arrests, torture, insults, material extortion and others.
Dozens of people were arrested on unfair charges with imposition of financial fines, and the citizen “Abdul Rahman Muhammad “40 years old” is still forcibly disappeared and his fate is unknown since his arrest in mid-2018.
= Arbitrary arrests:
Occupation authorities arrested:
– Three weeks ago, the citizens, “Adeeb Muhammad Sharaf / 45 / years old, Kamal Ali Habib / 42 / years old, Ahmed Hamid Habib / 43 / years old” from the village of “Shadireh” – Sherawa, on accusations of relationship with the former Autonomous Administration, by militias of the Military Police in Jenderes, who released the last of them after four days, and the other two on January 31, 2022 AD, where they were tortured; At the same time, the Sham Legion militias kidnapped Muhyiddin Kojo, 45, from the same village, and detained him in its own prison in the neighboring village of Iska, along with his Hyundai pickup car, his fate is still unknown.
– On 31/1/2022 AD, the citizen “Muhammad Hassan Hamrash / 40 years old” from the village of “Atmana” – Raju, in the city of Afrin, was attacked by the militias of the “Military Police in Afrin”, after he demanded rent from the resident of his brother’s house in Ashrafieh, and the latter filed a complaint accusing him of having links with the Democratic Union Party (PYD), he was released after four days.
– On 7/2/2022 AD, the citizen “Fakhri Sheikho Qanbar / 50 years old” from the village of “Gamrukeh” and “Manan Saeed Sheikh Sidi / 48 years old” from the people of the village of “Shekhkhotka”, by the Maabatli police militia, on accusations of relationship with the former Autonomous Administration, they were taken to Afrin, to be released on 10/2/2022 AD, after imposing a fine of /1200/ Turkish Lira on each one of them.
– On 8/2/2022 AD, citizens “Ahmed Mustafa son of Jaafar / 54 years old, Kamal Jaafar son of Rashid / 48 years old” from the village of “Quta” – Bulbul, were accused by the militia of the “Military Police in Bulbul”, on charges of relationship with the administration their previous autobiography, their fate is still unknown.
= chaos and disorder:
This afternoon, clashes erupted between the militias of “Ahrar al-Sham” and “Al-Hamzat Division” in the village of “Gawreka” and the vicinity of the villages of “Faqira, Julaqa” – Jenderes, due to the dispute over the spheres of influence and looting, which led to the killing and wounding of members of both parties, and the imposition of a siege on the three villages, amid the panic of the people; Tension still exists and the people have been warned not to leave their homes, and there are movements of other militias in support of the two warring parties.
= extermination of forests:
A comparison between two images taken by Google Earth of a natural forest – northeast of the village of “Tataru” – Jenderes, with an estimated area of / 60 / hectares, in (September 2017 AD before the occupation and cutting, August 2020 AD after the occupation and cutting), in addition to the continuous cutting (what is equivalent to Two and a half years) up to today, and according to local news, that the forest has been completely wiped out, for the purpose of logging, coal industry and trade by militias loyal to Turkey.
These bitter facts close the doors to the safe voluntary return of the displaced people of Afrin, and even put pressure on the remaining indigenous population towards forced migration.
Media Office – Afrin
The Kurdish Democratic Unity Party in Syria (Yekiti)
– The village of Kafar Ziteh.
– The building of the olive press belonging to the seized “Abdo Khalo” – the village of “Kafar Ziteh”.
– Natural forest, northeast of the village of “Tataru” – Jenderes, two photos (September 2017 AD before occupation and severing, August 2020 AD after occupation and severing).
Translated by Europe’s Organization of Democratic Unity Kurdish Party in Syria (Yekîti)