التقرير الاسبوعي ـ عفرين تحت الاحتلال ـ 183
مترجم إلى اللغة الانكليزية
Afrin under occupation (183):
“Qesim” village – demographic change, martyrs’ victims, arbitrary arrests, extermination of forests
The militias affiliated with the so-called “Syrian National Army” of the Syrian-Brotherhood Coalition are involved in implementing hostile policies against the Kurds and their region, which are drawn up by the Justice and Development government headed by Erdogan; They engage in violations, commit crimes and wreak havoc on the land, in addition to the state of chaos prevailing among them and their disputes over spheres of influence, the seizure of property and the sharing of looted goods.
Below we document part of the violations and crimes:
= Qesim “Qêsim” village:
It belongs to Raju district and is 9 km away from its center, and it consists of about 100 houses, and there were about 600 indigenous Kurdish residents, of whom 40 families = 175 people remained, and the rest were forcibly displaced, and about 40 families = 250 people from recruiters were resettled there, in addition to ten tents for the families of sheep breeders (60 people), set up on land belonging to Suleiman Deko family, south of the village.
Because of the war, the houses of “Nawras Sabri Bilal, Othman Mustafa Bilal” were completely destroyed and /15/ houses were partially destroyed, and after their invasion of the village, the “Ahrar al-Sharqiya” militia stole all the contents of the seized houses, and many of the houses of the remaining families, including mattresses, supplies and cylinders Gas, copper utensils, electrical tools and equipment, etc., as well as an electric generating set to pump water for “Muhyi El-Din Mustafa Bilal” and all the equipment’s of the five artesian wells belonging to the people of the village, and all the equipment’s of the drinking water pumping station located between the three villages “Qesim, Sheikh, Dikeh” including the its front door, a transformer and a section of the public electricity network cables, landline telephone network cables, water meters from homes, motorcycles, in addition to /5/ cars, and /5/ agricultural tractors (that were recovered later by their owners after paying royalties), and a jeep for “Taher Suleiman” in Afrin.
It took over the building of an olive press in the village junction, and imposed 40% of the olive seasons production belonging to the absentees, and a different amount on the property of the remaining.
It dug and excavated archaeological sites (Khrabeh Ehiko, south of the village, Dodareh, east of the village) with heavy machinery, searching for and stealing antiquities and buried treasures; It also cut down many coniferous and natural forests and perennial oak trees in the vicinity of the village and in the mountains located between the three villages “Qesim, Sheikh, and Dikeh”, in addition to fires that were set in them, and in the cemetery as well; Dozens of olive trees were cut from the trunks, as well as hundreds of them partially and unjustly.
There is overgrazing of livestock between olive fields and agricultural lands, without anyone of the people daring to prevent it even in the graveyard of the village.
The remaining residents were subjected to various types of violations, including kidnapping, arbitrary arrests, insults and material extortion. Dozens, including women, were arrested on charges of affiliation with the former Autonomous Administration, and were released after imposing fines on them.
As a result of the explosion of landmines which was left over from the war in the village, and among the agricultural lands, martyrs fell from the villagers:
– Ahmed Muhammad Sheikho, 36 years old, dated 27/3/2018 AD.
– Jamal Sheikho son of Hajj Hamid, 58 years old, dated May 18, 2018.
– Ismat Habash Hanan Deco, 40 years old, on 9/15/2018.
– Amina Hussein Mamo, 60 years old, on 9/30/2020 AD.
= Arbitrary arrests:
Occupation authorities arrested:
– Two months ago, the elderly “Izzat Ahmed Hamo / 75 years” from the village of “Dumelya” – Raju, was arrested by the Turkish intelligence and Raju police, on charges of having ties with the former Autonomous Administration, taking him to Afrin and forcibly detaining him with the so-called “politics”.
– Ten days ago, Adnan Ahmed Gulkê, the owner of an olive press, from the village of Mesteka – Shiye/Sheikh Al-Hadid, he was released after a week.
– On 19/1/2022 AD, the citizens “Mustafa Abdel Rahman Amara / 40 years old”, Mustafa Mustafa Amara / 35 years old, Ahmed Amin Alkhado / 42 years old, Salam Amin Alkhado / 28 years old, from the village of “Jouqeh” – Afrin.
– On 18/1/2022 AD, the two brothers “Ali and Abd al-Rahman Rasho” from the village of “Mesteka” – Shiye / Sheikh al-Hadid by an armed checkpoint on the Afrin-Raju Road.
– On 19/1/2022 AD, the married couple, “Adel Oso / 43 years old, and Khadija Oso” from the village of “Qetmeh” – Shara / Sharran by the “Al-Qaws” checkpoint – east of the city.
– On 27/1/2022 AD, the citizens “Abdul Qadir Rashid Hassan, Ziyad Aref Maho, Radwan Rashid Maho, Shirat Zaim Hesso,” -their ages ranged between 25-30 years- from the village of “Hekejeh” – Jenderes by the “Military Police” militia, and in cooperation with the “Al-Waqas Brigade”, accusing them of having links with the former Autonomous Administration.
= Forest cut:
By comparing images of Goal Earth, it becomes clear what happened to the forests of extermination after the occupation and the extensive cutting of them, which were planted in the eighties of the last century:
– Two photos (December 2017 AD – before the occupation, September 2019 AD after cutting) of two forests (the first with an area of /8/ha, the second with an area of /12/ha), north and northwest of the village of “Qarah Teppeh” – Shara/Sharran, complete cut.
– Two photos (July 2017 – before the occupation, September 2019 AD after cutting) of a forest with an area of / 28 / hectares, east of the village of “Kafa rumeh” – Shara / Sharan, cut down by 70%.
During the two years after September 2019 photos were taken, and showing that there was a continuous cutting of these forests and their surroundings.
The people of Afrin have become fully aware of the abhorrent intentions of the Turkish occupation and its Syrian mercenaries, and that most of their struggle is focused on exposing their hostile practices and policies, as well as working to end the presence of the occupation and militias and return the region to Syrian sovereignty under the management of its people.
Media Office – Afrin
The Kurdish Democratic Unity Party in Syria (Yekiti)
– Destroyed houses in the village of “Qesim” – Raju.
– The four martyrs “Ahmed Muhammad Sheikho, Jamal Sheikho son of Hajj Hamid, Ismat Habash Hanan Deko, and Amina Hussein Mamo.”
– Two pictures of two forests (December 2017 AD – before the occupation, September 2019 AD after the cut), north and northwest of the village of “Qarah Teppeh” – Shara / Sharran, Google Earth.
– Two photos of a forest (July 2017 AD – before the occupation, September 2019 AD after the cut), east of the village of “Kafa rumeh” – Shara / Sharran, Google Earth.
Translated by Europe’s Organization of Democratic Unity Kurdish Party in Syria (Yekîti)