التقرير الاسبوعي ـ عفرين تحت الاحتلال 179
مترجم إلى اللغة الانكليزية
Afrin under occupation (179):
“Atmana” village, a female detainee has had an abortion in “Marateh” prison, cutting down olive trees and exterminating forests, chaos and disorder”
Emphasizing the chaos and turmoil prevailing in the region, and weighing the powers of each militia group in its sector, the so-called “Azm Chamber – a section of the Syrian National Army militias” recently issued a statement emphasizing the prohibition of the movement of cars without plates and identification papers – which is a general phenomenon in the areas of militia influence, and the Turkish occupation – without taking into account the local councils and the interim coalition government, and in front of the eyes of Turkish intelligence and officials.
The following are violations and crimes committed:
= Atmana “E´itmana” village:
It belongs to Raju district and is 2 km away from its center, and it consisted of about / 130 / houses, and there were about / 800 / original Kurdish residents, of whom / 40 families = 150 people / only remained, and the rest were forcibly displaced, and about /90 family = 550 people/ from the recruiters were resettled there, /5/ houses were partially damaged during the bombing of the village, as well as the school building, in addition to the theft of its contents and windows.
The village is controlled by the militia of the “Al-Hamzat Division” and its leader is “Yazid Abu Ahmed”.
They made the houses of “the late Hajj Rashid Rashid (Jebeh), Nuri Bako” as military headquarters, and stole part of the contents of some houses, and / 7 / agricultural tractors / 6 / of them were restored by their owners after royalties were paid, and /15/ a motorbike, and some parts of the olive press belonging to the late “Hajj Rashid Rashid (Jebah)” that remain under the ruins of its destroyed building, a tent and funeral supplies for the deceased, a transformer and cables for the public electricity and landline networks.
It seized about / 3 / thousand olive trees from the property of the absentees, including those belonging to the families of “Bilal Bilal, Goulaq, Arif Mesto”, and imposed various fees on the families; In addition to imposing royalties from the “Raju Local Council” on olive seasons.
The militias cut down forests in the vicinity of the village, for woodcutting and trade, and set fire to some of them; They dug and excavated archaeological mounds, searching for antiquities and buried treasures to steal them.
The remaining residents were subjected to various types of violations and crimes, including murder, kidnapping, arbitrary arrests, torture, insults, material extortion, and more.
Some were arrested for different periods on charges of affiliation with the former Autonomous Administration, including women; The citizen, “Mohammed Saeed Rashid son of Abdul Majeed / 58 years old”, was kidnapped on 4/11/2019, in the Wadi Al-Nashab site – near the village of Barbaneh – Raju, which is under the control of the “Al-Hamzat Division” militia, while returning from the Turkish center for the purchase of olive oil in the Rif’atiyah olive press. – Jenderes, and on 1/2/2020 AD, the militias informed his family that his body had been found near the village of “Husseh”, where it was found that he had been tortured and shot dead, and he was handcuffed.
While forcing citizens to issue identification cards, the original village name was changed from “Atmana” to “Uthmani” in the place designated for (the place of residence) at the office of office of civil status in Raju.
= Abortion of a female detainee in Maratha prison:
As a result of the torture and harsh treatment she received at the “Police station in Afrin – Political Security” since her arrest on 12/9/2021 AD – as she was pregnant – on charges of affiliation with the former Autonomous Administration, the citizen, “Arin Muhammed Dali Hassan, 25 years,” from the village of “Kimareh – Sherawa”, was subjected to an abortion in “Marateh” prison, to which she was transferred twenty days ago, after an enforced disappearance for about three months.
The dead fetus was delivered 6 months ago to the family of the woman in the village, on Sunday 2/1/2022 AD, and she was buried in its cemetery; It is reported that “Arin” was previously kidnapped by the “Al-Hamzat Division” militia in February 2020 and forcibly disappeared in its headquarters (formerly Asayish building in Horsh al-Mahmoudiya) in the city of Afrin. 28/5/2020AD, and she was later released from Marateh Prison on 23/12/2020AD.
= Arbitrary arrests:
– On 2/1/2022 AD, the militias of the “Military Police in Raju” arrested the citizens “Hassan Ahmed Prem /45/ years old, Ahmed Rashid Rashid / 50 / years old” from the people of the village of “Hajika”, on the pretext that they participated in the night watch during the former Autonomous Administration, they are still in arbitrary detention.
– On 5/1/2022 AD, the occupation authorities arrested the citizens “Abdul Rahman Kuliko / 70 years old, and Daoud Zinni / 50 years old” from the village of “Ma`amela” – Raju, on the pretext that they participated in the night watch during the previous Autonomous Administration, and released them in the next day after imposing a fine of 1,200 Turkish liras on each one of them.
= Cut down olive trees and forests:
In the winter season, the cutting of trees and forests in Afrin region in general expands and intensifies at the hands of militias and recruiters, as it rose to the level of environmental extermination during the past four years; For example, on 6/1/2022 AD, / 50 / olive trees belonging to the citizen “Ido Omer” in the village of “Kimareh” – Sherawa were cut down from the trunks, and about / 300 / trees belonging to the citizen “Hassan Bakr Premko” and about /40/ trees belonging to “Abdo Khaliq Allah” in the village of “Dargireh – Mabata/Mabatli”, and /90/ trees belonging to “Abdo Hassan” and /40/ trees belonging to the family of “Osman Ibrahim Ashbouk” in the village of “Marateh” all by the militias.
There was a planted forest near the village of “Kfir” – Afrin, which is under the control of the “Al-Hamzat Division” militia. It was planted on an area of 20 hectares in the early eighties of the last century, and was exposed to widespread fires and trees were cut down to destroy it, as evidenced by a comparison of photos from three different dates: before the occupation in July 2017, after the occupation in August 2018 and September 201).
Also, in a site east of the village of Jama – Shara / Sharran, under the control of the “Malakshah Division militias” a planted coniferous forest planted in the eighties of the last century with an approximate area of 120 hectares was subjected to continuous and wide cuts, as evidenced by a comparison of photos from three different dates (February 2018 AD – before the occupation, and in September 2019 AD, and October 2020 AD after the occupation) which clearly shows this extermination.
= chaos and disorder:
– On 3/1/2022 AD, the body of an elderly man from the “Sham” recruiters was found dead by suffocation, his mouth gagged and his hands and feet shackled, in his house inside the mosque of the village of “Iska”-Shirwa, and his cell phone and a sum of money in his pocket were stolen from him; He lived alone and worked in the sale of gasoline and diesel.
– On the morning of Tuesday 4/1/2022 AD, clashes took place between a group of “Ahrar al-Sham” militants and the armed barrier belonging to the same militia on the main road in the village of “Tal Salur” – Jenderes, which led to the death of the so-called “Mahmoud Al-Bunyan – leader of the Al-Muhajireen Brigade” and his nephew accompanying him “Musab Shehadeh Qasmo” from the group, and wounded others on both sides; While the people adhered to their houses in a state of panic.
= sporadic violations:
– On 5/1/2022 AD, a group of recruitrss entered the house of the citizen “Kamiran Hassan Doliko” from the people of the village of “Ma`amela” – Raju, in the Ashrafieh neighborhood in the city of Afrin, in the name of a relief association (impersonation), to search the house and steal what was available in it from money, taking advantage of the absence of the family, as Kamiran’s elderly and ill mother was alone at home.
– The militias of the “Al-Hamzat Division” cultivated grains (wheat, barley, galban, lentils, etc.) for their own benefit between olive fields belonging to the people of the village of “Shourba” – Mabata / Maabatli, and others adjacent to it belonging to the people of the town of “Maydanki” – Sharra / Sharan (including: /100/ tree for “Sido Rashid Seydou”, /70/ tree for “Sheikh Abdul Rahman Abdul Rahman”, /120/ tree for “Farouk Khalil”, / 275/ tree for “Mohammed Ali Alo”, /50/ tree for “Muhammad Ali Alo” “Muhammad Ali Hashino”, /20/ tree by “Hussein Sheikh Othman son of Muhammad”).
How can a region to be safe and prepared for the return of its immigrants and forcibly displaced people, while it suffers under this number of violations and crimes, and the militias divide it as sectors wreaking havoc, each in his sector, and they are the ones who have become mercenary and thieves?!
Media Office – Afrin
The Kurdish Democratic Unity Party in Syria (Yekiti)
– The invasion of the village of “Atmana” – Raju by the militias of the “Al-Hamzat Division”.
– Destruction of a building next to the “Atmana” school.
– Theft of the contents of the “Atmana” school.
– A fire in a mountain forest overlooking the village of Atmana.
– The martyr “Mohammed Saeed Rashid son of Abdul Majeed”.
– The detainee, “Aren Mohamed Dali Hassan.”
– Pictures with different dates of a planted forest in the village of “Kfir” Afrin, Google Earth.
– Pictures of different dates of a planted forest east of the village of “Jama” – Shara/Sharran, Google Earth.
Translated by Europe’s Organization of Democratic Unity Kurdish Party in Syria (Yekîti)