التقرير الاسبوعي ـ عفرين تحت الاحتلال 175
مترجم إلى اللغة الانكليزية
Afrin under occupation (175):
The villages of “Arandeh, Raga” – violations, crimes, arbitrary arrests, enforced disappearances, extermination of the environment, a “committee” that does not restore rights.
The play of the “Rights Restitution Committee” in Afrin with “Muhammad Al-Jassem-Abu Amsha,” the leader of the “Sultan Suleiman Shah” militia in the Shiye / Sheikh Al-Hadid district during the past two weeks ended with the militias of the “Syrian Front” mobilizing its forces, and threatening him, and calling him to meet their demands (it is said that 30 of its members, and large sums of money from the looted residents of the district, must be handed over), although Abu Astif al-Sultan, head of the committee, claimed through a video clip posted on its page that all complaints and issues had been resolved in cooperation with “Suleiman Shah-Al-Amshat”, but the grievances remained the same, and no one dares to open his mouth, and the disputes and clashes between the various militias were renewed, – What is happening now between the two parties – is because of the dispute over the areas of influence and looting.
Below we document other violations and crimes:
= Arandeh “Erendê” village:
It belongs to Shiye/Sheikh Al-Hadid district and is /5/km away from its center. It consisted of about /220/ houses, and there were about 1,400/ original Kurdish inhabitants, all of whom were displaced during the aggression against the area, and about /150 families = 500 people/ returned to it after that, and about /100 families = 800 people/ from the recruiters have been resettled there.
As a result of the bombing, the house of “Mohammed Medawar” was completely destroyed, and the houses of “Mohammed Abdel Rahman Alloush and Muhammad Hanan Hussein” were partially destroyed.
The village is controlled by the militia of the “Syrian Front”, which took the house of “Aziz Aziz Othman” as a military headquarters, and seized about / 70 / houses including their contents, and stole from the rest of the houses supplies, gas cylinders, copper utensils, tools and electrical equipment, etc., and a taxi for “Wahid Nashat Horo”.
It seizes about 10,000 olive trees belonging to /50/ forcibly displaced families, including the families of “Hanan Bilal, Kil Hassan, Abda, Meera, Rashkilo”, and imposes royalties of (4.5 $ on olive tree in the plains, and 2.5 $ on every tree in the mountainous) of the property of the absentees entrusted to their relatives, not to mention for the extensive thefts that affected the olive seasons.
As a result of a landmine explosion in the city of Afrin, on March 18, 2018, the two citizens, “Haidar Muhammad Hanan / 41 / years old, and Sheyar Taher Hanan / 26 / years” of the villagers were martyred.
The remaining residents of the village were subjected to various types of violations, including arbitrary arrest, torture, insults, and material extortion.
In January 2021 AD, dozens of them were summoned and arrested by the “Syrian Front” in the Mabata / Maabatli district center, they were tortured and fines were collected from them, and the fate of the forcibly hidden detainees: “Aziz Hamid Yusuf, Muhammad Aziz Omar” is still unknown since the summer of 2018.
Forests, perennial forest trees, and hundreds of olive trees in the vicinity of the village were subjected for excessive cutting for the purpose of logging and trade, not to mention the fires that were lit more than once on (of Mount “Sefre Daddeh” shrine forest, and “Hassan Kil” mountain), and the oak tree “Daddeh Qoraq” was cut down at the site of “Licheh” between the villages of “Arandeh, Jaqala, and Qarmitleq”, in which a settlement village is being built.
The Levantine militias dug and excavated the archaeological hill of Arandeh with heavy machinery more than once in search of antiquities and buried treasures to steal it, the Directorate of Antiquities of Afrin published a documented report on it in September 2021 AD.
= The Village of “Raja-Reca”:
It belongs to Mabata/Maabatli sub-district and is 8 km away from its center.
It consists of about /60/ houses, in which were about /350 original Kurdish residents/ lived, of whom /31 families = 100 people/ remained in the village, and /28 families =160 people/ from the recruiters were resettled there.
It is controlled by the Levant Front militia, which seized the houses of the forcibly displaced, including their contents, and stole supplies, copper utensils, gas cylinders, electrical and other tools and equipment, an electric generating set, a transformer, and public electricity cables from other homes.
It seized most of the absentees’ property, including olive trees, walnuts, and others, and unjustly cut down most of the forest trees in the vicinity of the village and hundreds of olive trees for firewood and trade.
It also imposed royalties on the seasons of the villagers, in addition to many harassments against them.
= Arbitrary arrests:
Occupation authorities arrested:
– More than a month ago, the citizen “Muhammad Salim Hussein / 60 / years old” from the village of “Dirsiwaneh” – Shara / Sharran, charges were framed against him because he filed complaints to vacate his seized house, after returning from Aleppo eight months ago; He was released after 28 days in prison, and they promised him that they would give back his house.
– On 11/26/2021 AD, the married couple “Jamal Jamil Ma’mo / 35 years old, Tulin Murad Hassan / 30 years old” from the village of “Darkereh” – Mabata / Maabatli and they have three children, while working in their barber shop in Afrin, by the militias of the “Civil Police in Afrin” in accusation of having links with the former Autonomous Administration, and their fate is still unknown.
– Half a month ago, the young man “Ahmed Aziz Alo / 23 / years old” from the village of “Mesteka” – Shiye/ Sheikh Al-Hadid, in the Al-Bab area by an armed group, while he was returning from Aleppo to his home in Afrin.
– On 2/12/2021 AD, the citizen “Husni Muhammad Sheikh Muhammad, 30 years old”, from the town of “Maydanki”, in the city of Azaz, while distributing foodstuffs, and he is under arbitrary detention, and had previously been arrested four times in Afrin.
– On 3/12/2021 AD, the citizens “Farid Hamo son of Esmat, Idris Bakr son of Muhammad” from the village of “Ashkan Gharbi” – Jenderes, were arrested by an armed checkpoint in the city of Afrin, while they were returning from work, and they were released after paying fines.
– On December 5, 2021 AD, the citizen “Mustafa Mustafa son of Hamid / 30 / year old” from the village of “Darkereh” – Mabata / Maabatli, a diabetic, he was arrested by an armed checkpoint on the Afrin-Azaz Road, and he was released on December 9 2021 AD.
– On 8/12/2021 AD, citizens: Renaz Bahri Kivu, 35 years old, Batal Kifu son Muhammad Nour, 40 years old, Suleiman Zaki Mustafa, 40 years old, Zardasht Abdul Aziz Primo, 33 years old, and Jalil Ahmed Primo, 35 years old. A year-old, from the village of “Ghazawiya” – Sherawa, they were all arrested by the “Al-Sham Legion” militia for hours and released, and then by Turkish intelligence and the “Afrin Police – Political Security”, on charges of having a relationship with the former Autonomous Administration, and their fate is still unknown.
We note that the young “Hussein Khalil Ibrahim / 22 years old” from the village of “Naza” – Afrin, has been forcibly disappeared since his arrest in April 2018 AD in the village of “Shorba” – Mabata / Maabatli, while returning to his home.
= Extermination of the environment:
Since the militias of the Syrian-Brotherhood coalition trampled the occupied lands of Afrin and settled hundreds of thousands of newcomers there, the massive attacks on forests and fruitful trees began, with extensive cutting and fires, destroying virgin natural forests and agricultural ones, for the purpose of logging, coal industry and trade.
And with each winter, the cutting increases, in Shara district, agro-forestry trees are cut down in the valleys of “Ekidameh”, “Omara” and “Chemma”, and the militias unfairly cut down hundreds of olive trees in the vicinity of the town of “Maydanki” in Rajo district, the “Al-Sham Legion” militia cut down 50 pistachio trees belonging to “Brim Qadir, Fawzi Hassan, Mustafa Hussein Muhammad” and about 60 perennial oak trees in a cemetery west of Jaqmaq al-Kabeer village.
Ending the tragedy of Afrin and its people will not be done by esperance and begging to the occupier and its agents, nor through those official committees that if they succeed in solving a problem, many other violations will occur on the same day, as most of them are working to whitewash the militias’ page…; Rather, this is done by ending the presence of the Turkish occupation and its mercenaries.
Media Office – Afrin
The Kurdish Democratic Unity Party in Syria (Yekiti)
– The village of “Arandeh” – Shiye/Sheikh Al-Hadid.
– The two martyrs: Haider Muhammad Hanan, 41 years old, and Sheyar Taher Hanan, 26 years old.
– A fire in the forest of Mount “Sefre Daddeh” shrine, the village of “Arandeh” – Shiye, 23/7/2018 AD.
– A fire in the Arandeh mountain forest, 06/24/2021 AD.
– Excavation of the archaeological hill “Arandeh”, Directorate of Antiquities of Afrin.
– The oak tree “Daddeh Qoraq” in the site of “Licheh” between the villages of “Arandeh, Jaqla, and Qarmitleq” – Shiye/Sheikh Al-Hadid.
– Raja village – Mabata/Maabatli, theft of transformers and cables of the public electricity network.
– Cutting olive trees in the vicinity of the town of Meydanki, December 2021.
Translated by Europe’s Organization of Democratic Unity Kurdish Party in Syria (Yekîti)