التقرير الاسبوعي ـ عفرين تحت الاحتلال 174
مترجم إلى اللغة الانكليزية
Afrin under occupation (174):
“Khalilaka” village – forced displacement and civilian martyrs, the death of a civilian, forcibly hidden and fearing for the lives of two women, arbitrary arrests
Among the tools of the Turkish occupation in the abuse of the people of Afrin are the moot courts that issue unfair rulings against its citizens, which lack the minimum conditions of justice, and whose rulings are based on the Syrian Penal Code, which gives a wide scope to try the accused for political reasons, and impose fines on the “convicted” of them. in Turkish lira; It is directly led by Turkish intelligence.
Here are other facts and incidents:
= Khalilaka “Xelîlaka” village:
It belongs to the Bulbul district and is 18 km away from its center, and it consists of about (280 houses), in which were about (1700) original Kurdish inhabitants, most of whom were displaced during the aggression against the area, and only about (80 families = 250 people) returned from them, the rest were forcibly displaced, and more than (200 families = 1,200 people) from the recruiters were resettled there.
The house of “Zakaria Hussein Suleiman” was destroyed as a result of the explosion of landmines in it.
The village is controlled by the militia of the “Sultan Murad Division” and takes the citizens’ houses “Muhammad Darwish and Jamil Sheikho” as military headquarters and a prison, and seizes two hundred houses of the forcibly displaced after they stole all their contents from (furniture, tools, equipment, supplies and others).
Copper utensils, electrical tools, gas cylinders, and others were also stolen from the rest of the houses, as well as the cement block piston machines belonging to “Musa Bilal”, as well as a car belonging to “Shaaban Mamo”, who recovered it after paying a royalty, and /40/ motorcycles, a transformer and cables for the public electricity network, and some of its pillars.
It also seized all the properties of the forcibly displaced, which are estimated at 40 thousand trees of olives, almonds, grapes and others, including those belonging to each of the citizens “Hussein Hassan, Golin Hassan, Muhammad Ibrahim, the Kaleh family, Muhammad Omar, Abdul Majeed Muhammad, the Jaànu family, the Hasko family.” Agencies are not accepted, and a 10% royalty is imposed on seasonal production.
Thousands of olive trees and the natural forests overlooking the village in Hawar mountain and the entire trees of the “Usibe Sayar” shrine were also unjustly cut down, for the purpose of logging, making and trading charcoal, as there are 10 coal production pits in the village.
The militia also dug the vicinity of the shrine and the hill adjacent to it with heavy machinery in search of antiquities and buried treasures and steal them.
Because of the theft of some parts of the water pumping station in the neighboring villages of “Khalilka” and “Qouta” and the lack of fuel, the service was stopped, and drinking water was supplied to the village by tankers at exorbitant prices.
The rest of the village’s residents were also subjected to various types of violations and crimes, including murder, kidnapping, arbitrary arrest, torture, insults, material extortion, theft and others. Where civilian martyrs fell:
– Ahmed Ibrahim the son of Muhammad, 55 years old, on June 27, 2018, following an explosion in the center of Afrin.
– Jamil Ahmed Bakr, 35 years old, on 20/1/2019, following the bombing of a bus in the center of Afrin.
– Muhammad Ibrahim son of Ibrahim / 50 years old, on 19/5/2019, after he was afflicted with many diseases as a result of being severely tortured following an armed robbery that targeted him on 14/6/2018, while he was transporting a load of grape leaves in his Suzuki car, which was robbed from him with all his money.
The occupation authorities (Turkish intelligence and the armed checkpoint at the junction of the village of Hasandera – Bulbul) had arrested the young man “Hamza Shaaban Ibrahim – born in 1992 AD” and his sister, “Asia, born in 2002 AD” from the villagers during their return to it on 23/3/2018 AD, and they were forcibly disappeared; A source of witnesses released from the town of Al-Ra’i prison confirmed that Hamza’s health had deteriorated and his body was left in prison as a result of torture and harsh conditions, and he was transferred with a blanket, and nothing was known about him after that, while the “Kurdish legal authority on 20/5/2018 AD” and The Human Rights Organization in Afrin on 25/5/2018 confirmed that he lost his life in prison, but his parents, who live in the village, did not receive any official notification and did not announce his death; The fate of “Asia” is still unknown.
= Death of a civilian forcibly hidden in Al-Ra’i prison:
On November 27, 2021 AD, the Turkish occupation authorities informed the families of the citizen, “Suleiman Nuri Numan, born in 1971 AD – the village of Buzekeh – Afrin, a father of four children”, of his death in the notorious al-Ra’i prison, and in the presence of the “Attorney General and Judge” in the hospital of the town of al-Ra’i they handed over the body of the victim to two relatives who attended the next day, and his body was buried in the cemetery of his village; Where he was arrested on 24/6/2019 by the “Turkish Intelligence and Police Intelligence in Azaz” and forcibly disappeared and subjected to torture and cruel treatment and to difficult and unhealthy conditions, without visits or communication with his relatives except for a few short phone calls, noting that he had previously been detained in Afrin for a month at the beginning of the summer of 2018, and was released.
The charges were brought against the slain “Suleiman” and three women who were arrested with him (his elderly cousin, born in 1956 AD – the village of “Buzekeh”, who died in Al-Ra’i prison on 30/5/2021 AD as a result of torture and harsh conditions, Fidan Bilal daughter of Abdul Rahman Born in 1999 – the village of “Qudah / Al-Murtafia’a” in Raju district, and Wesal Hanan daughter of Hanan Amin, born in 1986 AD – Afrin), where, after nearly six months of enforced disappearance, they were referred by the Public Prosecution in Azaz on December 17, 2019 to the “Investigative Judge Muhammad Walid Jubran,” who demanded in his decision issued on February 18, 2020 that the four be tried before the “criminal court” for the crimes of “carrying out terrorist acts with the intent of creating a state of panic by using explosives, recruiting in the ranks of the enemy and supporting it in the victory of its forces, weakening national sentiment in time of war and premeditated murder, based on the provisions of Articles/263-265-285-304-533 of the Syrian Penal Code, which include the death penalty.” And he decided to prevent another detainee from being tried in the same case.
A lawyer familiar with the case of the four detainees stated that the trial that took place against them was sham and lacked the minimum conditions and procedures for a proper and fair trial, as the detainees’ statements were extracted in conditions of prolonged enforced disappearance and under torture, and it was woven as a play in which the texts completely coincide with each other, and what is worse is that the interrogation records before the “investigating judge,” the testimonies recorded by the “intelligence” completely matched, and without the trial being public or the detainees being able to appoint lawyers for them, it took place in the presence of a harnessed lawyer, and the same unfair charges were brought against the four.
We were not able to know the cause of death (execution by hanging or as a result of the diseases that afflicted him under torture and harsh conditions), and there is a fear that “Fidan Bilal and Wesal Hanan” will meet the same fate as the slain “Suleiman”, as they are forcibly detained in the same bad notorious prison and without any contact with their parents.
= Arbitrary arrests:
Occupation authorities arrested:
– About three months ago, Horik Sabri Tarrash, 61 years old, from the village of Koura – Raju, was released on November 30, 2021, after imposing a fine on him.
– About a month ago, the citizen “Delshan Salah Khalfan” from the village of “Koura” – Raju was arrested from her home in the city of Afrin, and she was released on November 30, 2021 AD.
– On 11/12/2021 AD, the citizen “Sarbest Akash Prem” from the village of “Maámela” – Raju, and his fate is still unknown.
– Ten days ago, the citizens, “Abdul Hanan Muhammad Jaafar / 54 / years old, and Mustafa Muhammad Sido / 55 years”, from the village of “Quta” – Bulbul, were accused of having relations with the former Autonomous Administration, and they were released three days ago.
– On November 27, 2021 AD, the citizen “Hajar Muhammad Kulin / 25 years old” from the town of “Baadina” – Raju, was arrested by the Military Police, and is still under arbitrary detention.
– Five days ago, the citizen “Muhammad Nuri Qadmo, 34 years old”, from the town of Bulbul, while transporting school students to the village of “Kutana” with his bus, while transporting school students to the village of Kutana with his bus, he is the one who returned from Aleppo, the destination of his displacement two months ago, and his house was not handed over to him, so he and his wife had to live with his relatives in the village of “Za’areh”. He was released the day before yesterday, Thursday.
– On 12/1/2021 AD, the citizen “Walat Ali Abbo 38 years old”, from the village of “Kakhreh”-Mabata Maabatli, was accused of having ties to the former Autonomous Administration, and his fate is still unknown.
– On 1/12/2021 AD, citizens “Abdul Rahman Barja, 57 years old, Abdullah Khalil Murad, 53 years old, and Shamran Khalil Haj Abdo, 26 years old,” from the town of “Kafar Safra” – Jenderes, were approved by the “Military Police” in Jenderes”, and they are still being arbitrarily detained.
– On 2/12/2021 AD, the young woman, “Ruhat Nur al-Din Ibo / 22 years old”, from the village of “Kurzeleh” – Sherawa, was arrested by an armed checkpoint at the entrance to Afrin – Kafar Janneh, on charges of dealing with the former Autonomous Administration, while returning from work.
This, and on 2/12/2021AD, the occupation authorities released “Dr. Eng. Muhammad Fahmy Abdo son of Nabi (63) years – the village of Khrabeh Shara” from Marateh Prison in Afrin, who was arrested on 7/4/2020 and sentenced on 1/3/ 2021 AD, three years in prison and a fine of 7 thousand Turkish liras, and the confiscation of his concrete plant along with the mechanisms and the confiscation of his phone, on charges of “weakening national sentiment and awakening racist and sectarian strife during wartime” in a manner exactly similar to the rulings of the former “State Security Judiciary” in Damascus against Kurdish activists and politicians.
Note that the “Afrin Public Prosecutor” had decided to release him on June 17, 2020, but without implementing the decision, under the directives of the Turkish intelligence, while continuing to imprison him, fabricating false charges, and initiating the case against him.
= chaos and disorder:
– On 29/11/2021 AD, clashes took place between two groups of the “Al-Jabha al-Shamiya” militia and the “Sultan Murad Division” in the Ashrafieh neighborhood of Afrin, against the background of a dispute to seize homes and shops belonging to forcibly displaced citizens.
= Other violations:
– The militias of the “Samarkand Brigade – Al-Waqqas Brigade” imposed a royalty of 100 cans of olive oil (16 kg net) on Bahaa El-Din Rashid Murad, 47 years old, from the town of “Kafar Safra” – Jenderes.
There are hundreds of forcibly disappeared people in the prisons of the Turkish occupation and its militias, their loved ones are waiting for them and eager to receive news about them, while the international community is silent about the hostile policies and practices against Afrin and its people.
Media Office – Afrin
The Kurdish Democratic Unity Party in Syria (Yekiti)
– Khalilaka village – Bulbul before the occupation.
– The martyrs “Ahmed Ibrahim son of Muhammad, Jamil Ahmad Bakr, Muhammad Ibrahim son of Ibrahim” from the village of “Khalilaka” – Bulbul.
– “Hamza Shaaban Ibrahim” from the village of “Khalilaka” – Bulbul his fate is unknown.
– Forcibly hidden “Asia Shaaban Ibrahim” from the village of “Khalilaka” – Bulbul.
– The Public Prosecution office in Azaz has filed a lawsuit against the defendants, Suleiman Nuri Noaman and his companions.
– The assassinated “Suleiman Nuri Numan” from the village of “Buzekeh” – Afrin.
– The deceased “Suleiman Nuri Numan” after his death.
– The two forcibly disappeared persons, “Fidan Bilal daughter of Abdul Rahman, and Wesal Hanan daughter of Hanan Amin.”
Translated by Europe’s Organization of Democratic Unity Kurdish Party in Syria (Yekîti)