التقرير الاسبوعي ـ عفرين تحت الاحتلال ـ 164
مترجم إلى اللغة الانكليزية
Afrin under occupation (164):
Demographic change in the village of “Sinka” and the town of Bulbul, the opening of a center and a school for Turkification and religious extremism, arrests, the martyrdom of a girl and the bombing of villages
The Turkish military presence in northern Syria that sponsors extremist armed groups remains a source of tension and threat to the Syrian entity in general, and a violation of its sovereignty, and the occupation of Kurdish areas by Turkey and its mercenaries poses a great danger to the existence and role of the Kurds, and a cause of strife between them and the Syrian Arabs.
The following is part of the consequences and effects of the occupation of the Afrin region:
= Sinka “Sînka” village:
It belongs to Sharra / Sharran district and is 1 km east from its center, and it consists of about /325 houses/ inhabited by about /1700 / original inhabitants of the Kurds, 50% of whom are Yezidis, most of whom were forcibly displaced, and about /70 families = 280 people / returned to it, including five families who have recently returned, and about /1500/ people from the recruiters have been resettled there.
During the aggression, the village was bombed several times, ten houses were damaged to varying degrees, including the house of Dr. Zalfi Seydou, and the house of “Hussein Seido” was completely destroyed.
The Levantine Front militias control the village and take the home of the citizen “Fadhel Bahri Gawish” as a military headquarters and from his basement as a prison, to investigate and torture the kidnapped people, after they stole all of its contents and its large outer door.
Shortly after taking control of the village, the militias stole copper tools, gas cylinders, television screens, and electrical power supplies from all houses, then they seized about /250/ houses with all their contents, including supplies, furniture, tools, and others, in addition to the theft of: /8/ agricultural tractors, including those belonging to “the late Bahri Fadel Gawish, Rashid Hamid Horo”, a Daewoo taxi belonging to “Jankin Abdul-Manan Gawish”, a small Suzuki truck belonging to “Ali Muhammad”, and an electric generating set (amps) for “Refaat Misto” which was feeding the village, and all the cables, wooden poles and transformers of the public electricity network.
It seized about 50% of the property of the villagers, especially those belonging to the absentees, estimated at 25,000 fruitful olive trees and others, including those belonging to the “family of Hanan Rasho, Khalil Zaroub and Hamoush Rasho”, and unjustly cut down about 70 olive trees belonging to the forcibly displaced citizen Hamed Seydou, in December 2019, as well as 50% of the (22,000 forest trees in three forests planted in 1980 AD to the east of the village) for the purpose of logging.
It also imposes varying royalties on the property seasons of the citizens present.
The shrine of the Yazidi Islamic shrine “Sheikh Gharib” in the village was subjected to tampering and vandalism, but its people restored it later in August 2021 AD.
Those who remained in the village were subjected to various types of violations, including kidnapping, arbitrary arrest, insults and material extortion, as more than ten were arrested and tortured, including the elderly “Gawish Omar Gawish / 70 years” in May 2018, and his nephew “Jumaa Gawish” who was arrested Later, and held in the basement toilet of the “Al-Shamiya” headquarters for ten days.
The two young men, “Masoud Nadim Qassem, and Nadim Sheikho Qassem – with special needs” were also arrested and taken to the city of Azaz, where the Levantine militia lured Masoud’s father to it and stole a Mazda pickup from him in front of the hotel where he stayed”.
As a result of a landmine explosion in the village cemetery, on the morning of the first day of Eid al-Fitr, 16/6/2018 AD, the minor “Diyar Abdel Qader Seido / 14 years old” was martyred and others were wounded.
= Wide demographic change in the town of Bulbul:
During the first week of the Turkish aggression on the Afrin region, starting on January 20, 2018, the hostilities affected the town of Bulbul / the center of the district, being close to the border strip with Turkey, and 43 km north of the city of Afrin; Its people fled to the inner countryside, and most of them were forcibly displaced outside the area during its occupation on March 18, 2018.
The town consisted of about /750/ houses in which more than /3,000 original inhabitants lived, of which /51 families = 220 people / returned to it, and the remaining /59 families = 260 people / scattered between the city of Afrin and the neighboring villages and banned from Return to their homes, as about /3,750 people/ from the recruiters were resettled there after the militias seized about /700 houses/ with their entire contents; While recently / 5 / families returned from the city of Aleppo without being able to receive their houses or live in the town, except for one family who was allowed to live in their grandmother’s house.
= Turkification, Neo-Ottomanism, and Religious Extremism:
– Early this September, the third phase course of the series “Instilling Religious Values and Educating Society on them” was completed in the “Afrin Endowments Directorate” for a group of imams, preachers, teachers and teachers, under the supervision of the delegate of the “Turkish Diyanet Endowment – Muhammad Nur Hamdan”, along with many of the religious activities and courses targeting different segments of society.
– On 9/22/2021 AD, and in the presence of the “Vice-President of the Local Council in Afrin” and “Jafar Kojer – the Turkish General Coordinator of Education in the Olive Branch”, a “Turkish Cultural Center” was opened in the name of “Younis Emre – to teach the Turkish language and various arts”, It is part of a series of Turkish endowment institutes specialized in spreading the Turkish language and culture, with the aim of Turkification the target peoples.
– On 9/24/2021 AD, and in the presence of the “Vice-President of the Local Council in Afrin” and “Cengiz Samanli – the Turkish General Coordinator of Education in the city of Afrin”, the “Imam al-Khatib” school was opened in the city, which was built by: “Association of White Hands – Turkey”, and funded by “Sheikh Abdullah Al-Nouri Charitable Society – State of Kuwait”, which is the third Turkish model religious school in the city along with another school in Jenderes and a school currently being built in the town of Shara / Sharran, in order to spread the neo-Ottoman culture and religious extremism Islamic.
= Arbitrary arrests:
The occupation authorities arrested:
– On 9/16/2021 AD, the young man “Walid Muhammad Naasan / 20 / years old” from the village of “Umaro” – Raju, was arrested by the police checkpoint at the junction of Azaz city, while returning from Aleppo to Afrin, and his fate is still unknown.
– On 9/17/2021 AD, the citizen “Abdo Muhammad Omar, 29 years old”, from the village of “Gamrukeh” – Mabata / Ma’batli, while attending the trial of the son of his village, the citizen “Muhammad Hussein Sheikho / 56 years old” in Azaz, who was arrested there On August 18, 2021 AD; They were released on Wednesday evening, 9/22/2021 AD, after they were accused of having ties with the former Autonomous Administration, and a fine of 1,500 Turkish liras was imposed on each one.
– On 9/17/2021 AD, the citizen “Birqdar Muhammad Mustafa, 53 years old” from the village of “Ashkan Gharbi” – Jenderes, was attacked by the Levant Front militia – the armed checkpoint at the “Kafar Jannah” junction, on the pretext that his brother is a leader in the Kurdistan Workers’ Party, while he was returning with his family from Aleppo to Afrin, he is still in detention.
– On 9/18/2021 AD, the citizen “Khalil Taher Muhammad, 45 years old”, from the village of “Qiebareh” – Afrin, was arrested by an armed checkpoint in the city of Azaz, and his fate is still unknown.
– On 9/19/2021 AD, the citizen “Habash Rashid Habash /30/ years old” from the town of “Baadina” while accompanying his sick wife in Shammarin Hospita -Azaz, and he was released on 9/23/2021 AD.
– On 9/21/2021 AD, Sultana Jawad, 50 years old, wife of Muhammad Rashid Ali, from the village of Afrazeh – Mabta / Maabatli, was released on 9/23/2021 AD.
= chaos and disorder:
– On 9/22/2021 AD, the militia of the “Sultan Murad Division” in the Bulbul district center removed the mourning tent for the father of one of the gunmen, who died in his village within the areas under the control of the Syrian army, on the pretext that the deceased was a “follower and supporter of the Syrian regime”, which led to clashes between Members of the division and the gunmen of the deceased tribe in the town of Sharra / Sharran.
– On 9/22/2021 AD, violent clashes took place, resulting in the wounding of some agents, between the militias of the “Suqur Al-Sham Brigade” and the “Elite Army” in the villages of “Aboudan and Shikhorseh” – Bulbul, due to the power struggle and theft; They share the presence in other villages as well, as the two sides have mobilized their elements.
– Thursday morning 09/23/2021 AD, an explosive device was detonated next to a “van” saloon car in the Ashrafieh neighborhood in Afrin city, and the results were limited to material damage.
= Landmine Explosion:
– Wednesday afternoon, 9/22/2021 AD, a landmine left by the militia exploded near the train station in the town of “Al-Ahdath” north of Aleppo, injuring four children from the displaced people of Afrin, they are: “The three brothers Muhammad /6/ years and Ismat/12 / Zuhair / 14 / year the sons of the old “Tatar Akhres” from the town of Kafar Safra, “Rolev Muhammad Ali /8 / years “while touring the place, as the latter died in the evening hours after being taken to a hospital in Aleppo, as a result of the severe injuries she sustained.
= On the evening of Sunday 19/9/2021 AD, the Turkish army and its mercenaries bombed the village of “Soghanakeh”-Shirawa, which is under the control of the Syrian army and in the line of contact with the occupied side and was displaced from its inhabitants, causing material damage to some houses, including the complete destruction of the house of the poet “Marwan Barakat”, which was hit once before by a rocket-propelled grenade.
And on Friday, 9/24/2021 AD, the village of “Qenitreh” – Sherawa, east of “Soghanakeh”, was bombed, damaging the house of the citizen “Juma’a Khalil Khader”, according to Hawar Agency.
Ending the Turkish occupation and the presence of mercenary militias is a humanitarian and national duty, and an essential step in putting an end to violations and crimes and correcting the demographic situation of the region.
Media Office – Afrin
The Kurdish Democratic Unity Party in Syria (Yekiti)
– An olive tree that was unjustly cut down, in a field belonging to “Hamid Sido” – “Sinka” village, December 2019.
– Shrine of “Sheikh Gharib” before and after the vandalism – “Sinka” village.
– The minor martyr “Diyar Abdel Qader Sido” – the village of “Sinka”, 16/6/2018 AD.
– Militias loyal to Turkey invade Bulbul, February 2, 2018.
– Opening of the “Younis Emre” Turkish Cultural Center in the city of Afrin, 9/22/2021.
– The opening of the “Imam Al-Khatib” school in the city of Afrin, 9/24/2021 AD.
– The child martyr “Rolev Muhammad Ali”, 9/22/2021 AD.
– The house of Marwan Barakat in the village of Soghanakeh-Shirawa, before and after the destruction.
– Bombing of the house of “Juma’a Khalil Khader” in the village of “Qenitreh” – Sherwa, 9/24/2021 AD.
Translated by Europe’s Organization of Democratic Unity Kurdish Party in Syria (Yekîti)