التقرير الاسبوعي ـ عفرين تحت الاحتلال 162
مترجم إلى اللغة الانكليزية
Afrin under occupation (162):
The town of “Baadina” suffers great losses and demographic change, arbitrary arrests, chaos of arms and control, theft of drinking water pipes
On a recent visit to the town of Shara / Sharran, “Abdul Rahman Mustafa – Prime Minister of the Pro-Turkish Interim Government” and a “Kurdish Minister” next to him met with some families returning to their homes, in an attempt to beautify the situation and to burnish the public image of the militias, while he forgets about the violations and crimes that have been committed and are still being committed against the original inhabitants of the area, and the royalties that are imposed on the new returnees, even some of them were arrested and forced to pay fines under the pretext of “settling the situation”.
Here are some of the facts and facts:
= Baadina “Beʼidina” town:
It is located northwest of the city of Afrin, 20 km away from it, and it consisted of /800/ houses, and there were about /3500/ original Kurdish inhabitants who were all displaced during the aggression against it.
About /400 families = 1,500 people/ returned from them, while the rest were forcibly displaced, and about /400 families = two thousand people/ form the recruiters were resettled there.
Due to the continuous bombing of the village during the war, the automated bakery belonging to the citizen “Hassan Haider Habash” and /24/ houses belonging to the following citizens were completely destroyed: “Mohammed Hassan Habash, Muhammad Hussein Aliko, Muhammad Hassan Shaaban, Muhammad Abdo Fateh Sunny, the late Khalil Haider Habash, Hanan Haider Habash, Murad Omar Murad, Habash Bakr Habash, Salah Muhammad Jarji, the late Hassan Muhammad Fattah Sunni, the late Hussein Haider Hussain, the late Aref Haider Hussain, Zuhair Hanan Othman, Farouk Hanan Othman, Jamil Arif Othman, Hassan Khalil Alklouk, Othman Muhammad Othman, Nashat Khalil De Do, Hamid Shukri Mustafa, Youssef Kayal Kibar, the late Azab Abdeen De Do, Hussein Manan Ibrahim, Khalil Muhammad Jaafar, the late Hamid Khalil Muhammad” completely, while approximately /140/ houses were partially destroyed.
The town was occupied on March 13, 2018, after it was bombarded with missiles by warplanes and heavy artillery by the Turkish army for more than a week, and after a heroic resistance by Kurdish fighters, where the bodies of 14 of them remained dumped in the streets of the Old City for more than 40 days. And there are those who remained under the rubble, to disintegrate before the eyes, without the people daring to bury them, until the occupation authorities exhumed them and buried two of them within the town and the rest in a mass grave in Wadi Al-Nashab on the road to the nearby town of Raju.
Shortly after its invasion, the militias of the “Al-Muntasir Billah Brigade” led by the so-called “Firas Pasha”, the “Sultan Muhammad al-Fateh Brigade” led by the so-called “Dogan Suleiman” and the “112th Brigade” led by the so-called “Abdul Karim Jamal Qasoum” stole most of the copper pots and gas cylinders, and photovoltaic equipment, TV screens, refrigerators, washing machines, olive oil and other items from the village houses, in addition to the contents of groceries and electrical equipment stores, and the contents of the “Badina Center for Culture and Youth and the Unity Party Office (Yekiti)”, in addition to the entire home furnishing of about / 275 / occupied houses, as well as the electrical generating set and the equipment of the gas pumps for “Rashid Hassan Dehdo”, the cables and poles of the landline telephone network and the equipment of its center and the main optical cable (9 km) starting from Raju Road, passing through the town and the village of “Dumelia”, to the village of “Mamalu”, in order to destroy the infrastructure of the network, in addition to the theft of /2/ Trans, most of the public electricity network cables, street lighting equipment and its cables, the entire two internet networks belonging to “Ahmed Aref De Do, Muhammad Hussein Seido”, and the mosque’s holdings of copper utensils for washing the dead, photovoltaic equipment and some sound amplifier devices, A large-sized olive pressing machine (Decanter) was stolen from “the late Izzat Abdeen De Do”.
The municipality building was transformed into a “civil police” station, the telephone center building into a headquarters and prison for “Brigade 112” and a center for interrogation and torture of abductees and detainees, and the old northern school building into a military headquarters for “Brigade 112”.
Various militias in “the town and the city of Afrin” – the first destination of displacement – stole / 15 / cars (a Kia saloon for “Adnan Muhammad Mustafa”, a Hyundai van for “Abidin Haider Bayram”, a taxi Kia Rio for “Rasheed Hussein Shaaban”, Hyundai pickup for “Mustafa Rashid Othman”, pickup jams for “Sido Mohamed Ibish”, carnival van for “Mohamed Abdo Jerji”, taxi for “Rashid Ibrahim Hasbiro”, taxi for “Mohammed Hamid Mohamed”, Hyundai pickup for “Omar Bayram” Elo, Hyundai pickup for “Rifai Ali Horo”, Mazda pickup for “Hussain Muhammad Muhammad”, closed pickup for “Mustafa Khalil Ibrahim”, Hyundai pickup for “Idris Aref Muhammad”, Hyundai pickup for “Lazkin Hassan Muhammad” a double cabin pickup for “Rasheed Othman Hanno”) and /8/ agricultural tractors with their and related accessories for “Idris Mustafa Fattah Sunny, Mustafa Othman Jarji, Rashid Othman Jarji, Ismat Rashid Murad, Ahmed Hassan Habash, Aref Maho Habash, Hussein Musa Hasbiro, Muhammad Hassan Mustafa, and /2/ excavator for Muhammad Abdo Shaaban – he was unable to retrieve them despite their employment in Afrin and Hiwar Kilis – Azaz by the occupier called “Moataz Raslan – the leader of the Elite Army”, not to mention other cars and tractors that were taken back by their owners after paying royalties.
The leader, “Abdul Karim Qasoum – Abu Jamal”, seized the building of the “Hamid Shukri Mustafa” Olive press and turned it into an automated bakery, and the villa of “Abdo Khalil Berri” to house for his family, and a Multi-storey building for the children of “the late Muhammad Khalil Ibrahim” to house for the families of his brothers, and a shop for “the late Muhammad” Hamqaflou” to open a money exchange shop and / 5 / other shops for Hassan Hanan Jaafar for the benefit of his relatives, and Khalil Berri’s house, converting part of it into a center for selling fuel.
As for his deputy, Osama Rahal-Abu Hassan Obama, he seized the “Rashid De Do” gas station and turned it into a warehouse and a center for selling firewood, which he collects from cut down forest trees and from excessive cutting of olive trees, and a house for “the late Mustafa Nashat Mustafa” to house for his family in addition to his shops as well, and the building of the Olive press for “the late Omar Fawzi Hassan”, and on about /7 thousand/ olive trees from the property of the people of the village of “Khaziana” – Mabata / Maabatli nearby and its surroundings, he also employs men from the people of “Baadina” and their tractors to serve him with forced labor without paying wages.
The 112th Brigade militia seized: /200/ olive trees belonging to “the late Ali Rashid Ali”, /150/ trees belonging to “Hussein Murad Habash”, /90/ trees belonging to “Mohammed Habash Habash”, /100/ trees belonging to “Khalil”. Abdullah”, /80/ trees belonging to the late “Hussein Othman Hajji”, and on the house of the poultry house belonging to the late “Mustafa Abdo Jaafar”, to turn it into a stable for /400/ head of sheep that she unfairly grazes among the olive fields, without any of the people daring to block or complain.
Many forest trees were cut down, in addition to the entire forest of the “Bire Pleng” shrine north of the town, which included old trees and served as a summer residence for the people and to celebrate religious occasions, in addition to setting fires in the mountains (Kanhaftar, Taqa Zira, Hani Avde, Yaghmour Deddeh) overlooking the town In June 2019.
It also seized the drinking water pumping station in the town, and extended a pipe to the neighboring village of “Dumelia”, to sell water from two sources at a price of /3,500 SYP/ per tank (15 barrels), in addition to imposing /7500 SYP/ -in the name of Expenses- on each Kurdish family without the recruiters from time to time, although the “Bahar Relief Society” used to provide fuel for the electric generating set, but it is currently suspended due to the association’s reluctance to support; It also seized the pumping water set and the drinking water well near the town junction, which belongs to “Subhi Bayram Khaled – from the village of Qubeh.”
In the “Ketekh-Dromyeh” plains, the militias of the “Mohammed Al-Fateh Brigade” direct livestock owners to graze their flocks among the olive fields, especially in the spring, in return for collecting sums of money, even if this harms the trees. It is also imposed on its owners from the people of “Baadina” to pay royalties from olive production in exchange for allowing them to pick it and transport it to their town’s presses.
It dug in olive fields near the Shaabu Tank site belonging to “Mohammed Hassan Mustafa, Hassan Muhammad Shaaban, the late Subhi Khalil Hussein” with a bulldozer to uproot a number of trees, in addition to using mine detectors between the lands at the site, in search of antiquities and treasures and their theft.
Those remaining in the town were subjected to various types of violations, including thefts, kidnappings, and arbitrary arrests, accompanied by insults, torture, extortion, etc….
There are those who were kidnapped, tortured, threatened with death and released for a ransom, and those who were actually killed, such as the citizen “Aslan Bayram Sino – born in 1973 AD”, who was kidnapped on 25/10/2018 AD, and the “Al-Muntasir Billah Division” militias informed his relatives of his death without extradition his body in mid-May 2019; and those whose fate is still unknown, such as Ibrahim Khalil Abdo bin Muhammad / 44 / years old, since his kidnapping on May 3, 2019 AD; Among the kidnapped were elderly people and doctors.
Hundreds of the townspeople were also arbitrarily arrested, on charges of affiliation with the former Autonomous Administration, including women and elderly people, and some of them more than once, with imprisonment and financial fines, and there are those who were arrested in Turkey during their stay there; Where the two brothers “Hussein and Anwar Muhammad Muhammad” were released on December 28, 2020 AD after enforced disappearance and imprisoned for more than two and a half years, while the two brothers “Khalil / 38 / and Bakr / 30 / the sons of Abdeen Habash” are still forcibly hidden in Al-Ra’i prison – Al-Bab since 9/23/2018 AD.
During the aggression on the town, the elderly “Hamid Khalil Muhammad / 80 years old/ was martyred on 1/03/2018 under the rubble of his house, Jamil Haider Ibrahim / 75 years old/ on 11/3/2018, the moment he confronted the invaders with his single weapon, in addition to wounding other civilians.
In the context of spreading the jihadist and neo-Ottoman culture, controlling the work of imams and preachers of mosques, and employing religion in politics and military actions, in February 2020, the Kurdish Sheikh “Abd al-Rahman Ramoush” was expelled from the imam and service of the town’s mosque, where he spent more than / 20 / years, and appointed in his place an imam another from the recruiters, and the “Imam Al-Nawawi Complex for Sharia and Arabic Sciences – Baadnali Branch” was established in September 2020 AD under the management of “Sheikh Asri Ibrahim”, for about two hundred children, most of whom are from the recruiters.
= Arbitrary arrests:
– On 9/3/2021 AD, the young man, “Mohammed Hamza” from the town of Baadina, was arrested by the military police checkpoint at the Mahmudiyah entrance to Afrin, on charges of having ties to the former Autonomous Administration, and was released on 9/8/2021 AD, after imposing a fine on him.
– On 6/9/2021 AD, the Military Police – Jenderes, in cooperation with the “Al-Sham Legion” militia, arrested the citizens “Rashid Omar Benafsheh / 30 years old/, the two brothers Hassan /48 years old/ and Kanjo /28 years old/ the sons of Subhi Kanjo, Jiro Mustafa Jiro, from the town of Jelameh – Jenderes, where they released the latter on the same day and took the rest to Marateh prison – Afrin; On 1/9/2021AD, they arrested the citizen “Hanan Sefu son of Abdul Rahman /28 years old/ from the same town, and his fate is still unknown.
– On 6/9/2021 AD, the “Military Police” militias arrested the citizen “Muhammad Waqfi Murad /33 years old/ from the town of “Kafar Safra” – Jenderes, who recently returned from Aleppo, and he was subjected to torture and material extortion, and his fate is still unknown.
= chaos and disorder:
– On Sunday morning 5/9/2021 AD, a Santa Fe jeep was detonated with an explosive device in front of a fuel store in the Ashrafieh neighborhood in Afrin city, which led to a massive fire and material damage, and the killing of a man -“Kamal Saeed Jawad” a leader in the Levant Front- according to Local media outlets, and a woman and the wounding of three others – according to the “Civil Defense in Afrin”.
– In the context of the dispute over spheres of influence, a week ago, the “Syrian Front” militia expelled the remnants of the fighting “Hamzat Division” militias from the villages of “Khalnereh, Kafar Shileh, Babliteh, Marateh, Gonde Mazen, Gazeh, Kafardali Fawqani” – Afrin and took control of it.
= sporadic violations:
– At the beginning of this month, the militias took out the main line pipes to pump drinking water from the station near the site of “Al-Nabi Hori Castle” to the villages of “Qurta, Qusha, Qastal Miqdad, Shikhorseh, Aaca, Sharqiya and others” – Bulbul district, and collected them in the village of “Qastal Miqdad”, then they transferred it to the city of Azaz, then these militias launched rumors that those pipes had been previously dismantled by the Kurdish units, in order to cover up their theft of them..
The “interim government and the Syrian-Brotherhood coalition” have become tools in the hands of the Turkish occupation in extending its influence over many areas in northern Syria, especially in implementing hostile policies against the Kurds and their areas.
Media Office – Afrin
The Kurdish Democratic Unity Party in Syria (Yekiti)
– Destroyed houses in the town of Baadina.
– The martyrs: Aslan Bayram Sinu, Hamid Khalil Muhammad, Jamil Haider Ibrahim.
– The forcibly disappeared “Ibrahim Khalil Abdo son of Muhammad, the two brothers Khalil and Bakr Abdeen Habash.”
– The automated bakery and above it the house of “Mohammed Hassan Habash” in “Baadina”, before and after the destruction, and its elderly owner “Hassan Haider Habash”.
– Graduation of a course and the distribution of certificates by the “Imam Al-Nawawi Complex for Sharia and Arabic Sciences – Baadinli Branch” inside the mosque of the town of Baadina, June 2021 AD.
– Appearances of armament and shooting at one of the recruiters’ weddings in Baadina, in contrast to the culture and customs of its people, June 2019.
– “Abdul Karim Jamal Qasoum – Abu Jamal”, the leader of “Brigade 112” and his deputy called “Osama Rahal – Abu Hassan Obama.”
– The explosion of a Santa Fe jeep, Ashrafieh neighborhood – Afrin, 5/9/2021 AD.
Translated by Europe’s Organization of Democratic Unity Kurdish Party in Syria (Yekîti)