التقرير الاسبوعي ـ عفرين تحت الاحتلال 148
مترجم إلى اللغة الانكليزية
Afrin under occupation (148):
Crimes in the village of “Haj Khalil”, the death of a citizen under torture, testimony about Al-Ra’i prison, kidnapping and arbitrary arrests, the bombing of Mount Sherawa and the death of a girl
Day after day, the extent of the criminality with which Turkey and the mercenary terrorist militias of the Justice and Development Government deal with Afrin region and its people is revealed, however, news and facts of violations and crimes, especially those that were committed and are still being committed against the kidnapped, detained and forcibly disappeared, did not receive serious attention from the international community and its forces and bodies concerned and interested with the Syrian issue.
Here are such facts and realities:
= Haj Khalil village:
It belongs to the district of Rajo and is two kilometers away from its center, and it consists of / 253 / houses inhabited by about / 1200 / original Kurdish residents, about 160 families (450 people) remained in it, while about 180 families (900 people) of new recruits were resettled in the seized houses.
During the war and the bombing, /5/ houses belonging to the citizens: (Abdeen Othman, whose house was converted into a square in the center of the village later, Seydou Rashid Haider Karu, Miqdad Salman, Qader Seydou Othman, Othman Bilal Biro) were completely destroyed, while /11/ houses were partially destroyed, when the village was overrun on March 4, 2018, only 65-year-old Hanifa Yusef Tato was hiding in an animal stable where the gunmen found her and shot her, she was killed instantly and they dumped her body in the courtyard of the house of “Hussein Ahmed Hebbo” to remain there in the open subject to being devoured by dogs and cats for several days, and her brother, “Ahmed Yusef Tato, 57 years old”, he was wounded by shrapnel and died later.
The militias looted the contents of all homes, including supplies, tools, mattresses, equipment, copper utensils, gas cylinders, etc…, and stole all cables and equipment of the electricity and public landline networks and most of their poles, and two agricultural tractors, one for “Arif Rashid Habbo, who returned it after paying two million Syrian pounds, and the other for Mustafa Murad Mustafa Salman.” and /6/ cars belonging to “Abdo Mustafa Salman, Mustafa Murad Salman, Nuri Seydou Othman, Abd al-Rahman Saeed Karru, Salah Ahmad Haider Habo, Muhammad Ali Rashid Sheikho” and /6/ excavators (one for brothers Sabri and Ahmed Salman, three for “Hussein Muhammad Othman,” two for “Shams El-Din Gharib – Mist Koshkar”), and all the machines of the two olive presses for “Hanif Shukri Hanif, Khalil Haider Hebo,” where the building of the first olive press was converted into a stable for livestock and animals, while the building of the second was restored after paying a large royalty, as well as plastic plant machinery.
It seized the property of the villagers in Rajo town (a house and three shops belonging to “Mohammed Khalil Ahmed Ali”, a shop for “Ali Tato – Alidaya”, a shop for “Nuri Gharib – Mast Koshkar”, four shops for “Bakr Ahmed Rasho”, a mechanical repair shop for “Hassan Ahmed Rasho”, eight stores for “Hassan Abdo Othman”, ten stores for “Hussein Abdo Othman”, five stores for “the late Aref Abdo Othman”, three houses for the brothers “Hassan, Hussein and Aref Othman”, two stores for “Azad” and Rizan Watani Hebbo, a pharmacy for “Hussein Mohamed Youssef”).
It also seized an area of /4/ hectares belonging to “Abdul Rahman Salman” and built in it a camp for recruits, a thousand olive trees and a soap factory located on the town road (its contents are estimated at /300/ million SP) belonging to the sons of the late Ahmed Habo, nicknamed (Watani) who had a bust in the center of Afrin, and was destroyed on March 18, 2018 2018, and also /3/ thousand olive trees and/70/ hectares of agricultural land belonging to the family of “Hanif Jamil Hanif”, 2,000 olive trees and/50/ hectares of agricultural land belonging to the family of “Hanif Shukri Hanif”.
Most of the forest trees surrounding the Islamic shrine of “Muhammad Ali”, located between the villages of “Haj Khalil and Koura”, were cut down, and the shrine was dug up in search of antiquities to be stolen.
The remaining residents of the village were subjected to various types of violations, such as daily harassment, the arrest of some of their sons and the imposition of fines on them, including the citizens “Hanifa Hebbo and her husband Nuri Muharram”, who were arrested in Turkey because of their political activity and spent two years and ten months in its prisons, a royalty was also imposed of /300/ tins of olive oil for three seasons, and a percentage of /35-50%/ of the seasons production of absentee properties.
The village is controlled by the “Ahrar al-Sharqiya” militia, which has taken the municipality building and the house of the late Brigadier General Haider Rashid as its military headquarters.
The Turkish intelligence seized the old house belonging to the late Hanif Agha, which was subjected to vandalism and fires during the war, and restored it, raised the Turkish flag and closed it now, under the pretext that it was the headquarters of “Mustafa Kemal Ataturk” during the first World War! While the truth is that the owner of the house hosted Ataturk during his retreat and defeat from wars.
= The death of a female citizen under torture:
– On May 30, 2021 AD, the militia of the “Al-Hamzat Division” informed the family of citizens “Mawluda No’aman (64) years old” of her death in Azaz prison, where her body was handed over the next day to her relatives, and was buried in her village “Buzikeh” – Afrin; the elderly woman was suffering from illness and was subjected to torture and cruel treatment, as she was arrested in April 2019 on charges of having ties with the former Autonomous Administration, and she was forcibly disappeared, and her relatives were blackmailed by the militias as a sum of money was taken from them every month on the pretext of buying medicines for her.
= Testimony about the terrifying Al-Ra’i prison:
When the young man (M.Kh.) returned with his family and others to their village in Bulbul district during the occupation of the area, in mid-April 2018, he was arrested with others by an armed checkpoint of the “Al-Sham Legion” militia at the junction of Hasan dera village; He spoke to us, sighing in pain as he suffered from the consequences of torture, saying: “the journey of torture started from the first hour of our arrest, they put us in a scrubber in a mill building near the checkpoint, then we were transferred to the town of Maidan Akbis – the municipality building, and we were subjected to severe torture (random beatings on the whole body with cables, hoses and sticks) and interrogation by Turkish intelligence officers and agents directly, where they released one of the detainees (A. u) with the blanket after he became a lifeless body due to fractures, wounds and fainting, and we did not meet him later and his fate is still unknown; After ten days, we were transferred through the Turkish city of Kilis to the prison of the town of Al-Rai – Al-Bab area.
In ten rooms in the basement, there were more than /1500/ detainees from Afrin, including women and girls.
We were exhausted, and in semi-darkness, with no sun or ventilation, and everyone fell ill with Scabies, and the food was two loaves a day with a little lentil soup or soaked rice, the allowance to defecate was only in the morning and evening, and when necessary, the prisoner urinates in a plastic bottle or defecates in a plastic bag.
(M.kh) added: “The young man (H.S.) was arrested from our village with me, after three weeks, his condition worsened due to severe torture, and he was unable to eat for two weeks, so his health deteriorated, and he defecated blood, we washed him with water in the toilet room, but he fell to the ground and his body was cold, so they took him outside with the blanket without being returned or we know anything about him, and he has not been returned to his family until now.”
(M.Kh.) was released without trial after three months of being hidden in Al-Ra’i prison, but he was summoned back by the “court” to pay a fine.
It is reported that the militias of the “Sultan Murad Division” and its leader, Fahim Issa, manage and guard Al-Ra’i prison under the supervision of Turkish intelligence, and we were unable to know the number of the remaining forcibly disappeared detainees in Afrin.
= Kidnapping and arbitrary arrests:
– On May 25, 2021 AD, the militias of the “Al-Waqqas Brigade” raided houses in the village of “Hekejeh” – Shiye / Sheikh Al-Hadid and kidnapped 11 of its sons, because of their objection to the recruits grazing their sheep among their agricultural fields.
They beat those they kidnapped and insulted them, and released them on the same day, except of Ali Safar, whose fate is still unknown.
– On May 27, 2021 AD, the “Al-Sham Legion” militia in the town of Maidan Akbis arrested the citizens “Shawqi Mustafa Othman, 68, and Muhammad Ahmed Horo, 30,” on trumped-up charges, and took them to Rajo Police Station, where they were released after imposing monetary fines for them.
– On May 29, 2021 AD, “Special Forces – Al-Sham Legion” militia raided houses in the town of Basuta and kidnapped the citizens, “Najib Misto Khalil, Ali Khalil Khaled, Kawa Batal Khader, Hassan Zaki Hamsho, Payman Muhammad Taha Bash, Ahmed Abdul Rahman Battal, Khaled Ahmed Rajab of the Arab component” and held them for three days in a prison in its headquarters, on the pretext that their names were similar to those of wanted persons.
– On 29/5/2021 AD, the “Military Police” at the intersection of Azaz city arrested the citizen “Bashar Othman Othman / 27 years old” from the village of Kafar Janneh – Shara, and released him on Thursday 3/6/2021 AD, knowing that he had previously been arrested.
He was fined for having ties to the former Autonomous Administration.
= Release of forcibly disappeared persons:
– On 2/6/2021 AD, the citizen “Sido Bayram Bayram / 30 years old” from the village of “Kela” – Bulbul, who was arrested on 24/4/2018 and forcibly disappeared for nearly three years in a secret prison in the town of Al-Rai – area Al-Bab, then he was transferred to Marateh prison – Afrin and released after imposing a fine on him.
He is now suffering from psychological effects and health problems due to torture and cruel treatment, and his staying in the shade and darkness without seeing the sun.
– On 1/6/2021 AD, the citizen “Luqman Kamal Muhammad / 41/ from the village of “Tal Salur” – Jenderes, who was arrested on March 16, 2018 and forcibly disappeared in Al-Ra’i prison, was released, then transferred to Marateh prison. Afrin three months ago and was released after imposing a fine on him.
– On May 31, 2021 AD, the citizen “Hanan Muhammad Hanno / 42 / years old” from the village of “Qarmitleq” – Shiye / Sheikh Al-Hadid and residing in the city of Jenderes, who was arrested in mid-September 2020.
= Sherawa bombing and the martyrdom of a girl:
The forces of the Turkish army and its mercenaries continued from the night of 2/6/2021 AD to last night, their intensive bombardment on the vicinity of the town of Tel Rifaat and the villages of Sherawa “Beneh, Kishtaar, Akabieh, Soganakeh, Burj Al-Qas, Kaluteh, Mazen / Zouk Al-Kabeer” which are under the control of the Syrian army.
The people hid in basements and caves, and some of them fled to neighboring villages, in addition to material damage to a number of houses and vehicles in the village of “Akabieh” and the death of /30/ head of sheep belonging to the citizen “Yahya Naasan” of its people, and the outbreak of fires in some crops and part of the forests.
Last night, the 14-year-old girl, Zainab Hussein Ibrahim, from the village of Kaluteh, and her younger brother, “Bakr” and her father, were wounded, as a result of the bombing and damage to their house, in addition to the damage of two other houses in the village.
= Other violations:
– Militants of the “112th Brigade” militia recently in Baadina stole copper pots from the homes of the citizens “Ali Kokshar, the late Zakaria Ibish, the late Gilo Zainal”, as well as the ground copper cable for lighting poles in the middle of the entrance street, the entire landline telephone network cable in the town, as well as the one that extends between it and the villages of “Dumelia and Al Maamala”, was withdrawn and stolen, using machinery and tractors.
The brother of its leader, “Abdul Karim Qassoum”, also opened a fuel center (tank and pump) in front of the town’s mosque within the seized house of the citizen “Khalil Berri”.
– Since March 2018, the so-called “Fadi Deiri”, the leader of the “Sultan Murad Brigade” militia in the village of “Kutana” – Bulbul, seized the modern olive press belonging to the citizen “Hanif Suleiman” despite his presence in Afrin and his repeated requests to get it back, and despite of the visit of the “Grievances Committee” to the village, as revenue of the olive press was estimated at tens of thousands of dollars in three years; The militia of Al-Murad also seized “Albeheira restaurant” which is located in the mountain forest of Lake Meydanki and belongs to him, and made its building a military headquarters after stealing all its contents.
= In the context of chaos, at dawn on Friday 4/6/2021 AD, a huge explosion occurred in a shop selling gas and fuel cylinders in the Ashrafieh neighborhood – Afrin, east of the Bazaar Square.
We wonder? Are not all these crimes committed against Afrin and its people sufficient for the global conscience to move and put an end to the dubious international silence about their situation, and to exert pressure on the Ankara government and put it on the path to ending the occupation and the presence of terrorist militias.
Media Office – Afrin
The Kurdish Democratic Unity Party in Syria (Yekiti)
– Destroyed houses in the village of “Haj Khalil” – Rajo, Afrin region, February and March 2018.
– The house of the late “Hanif Agha” was seized, on the pretext that it was the headquarters of “Mustafa Kemal Ataturk”.
– The Islamic shrine of “Muhammad Ali” – Raju, before the occupation.
– The martyr “Mawloda Nu’aman” – the village of “Buzikeh” – Afrin.
-The child martyr “Zainab Hussein Ibrahim” from the village of Kalutê Shirawa.
– Destruction of houses in the village of “Akibeh” – Sherawa by Turkish bombing, 2-3/6/2021 AD.
-The olive press belonging to “Hanif Suleiman” – the village of “Kutana” – Bulbul, which was seized.
Translated by Europe’s Organization of Democratic Unity Kurdish Party in Syria (Yekîti)