التقرير الاسبوعي ـ عفرين تحت الاحتلال 141
مترجم إلى اللغة الانكليزية
Afrin under occupation (141)
Resettlement and appropriation of property in “Derswan”, typical settlement villages, and an active religious movement
The statements of Erdogan and his team about the demographics of Afrin region (35% Kurds, the rest are Arabs and Turkmen) prior to the aggression against it in the first quarter of 2018 were not out of ignorance of reality, rather, it was a recurrence of the motives of the invasion and a prelude to applying demographic change to the region and its Kurdish people, who constituted about 95% of its population, and more than / 200 / thousands of them were forcibly displaced.
The following are facts of demographic change and numerous violations and crimes:
= Derswan village:
It is located near the Afrin River, surrounded by famous historical monuments, and it is a border village 14 km away from the center of Sharra district, consisting of / 450 / houses, and it was inhabited by about / 50 / Arab families and / 400 / Kurdish families from which only / 80 / families returned due to forced displacement, and / 400 / families were resettled therein, in addition to / 50 / families in tents to the west of the village, and a thousand families in tents (near the “Garmgeh” spring and the site of the Nabi Hori Castle) from Ghouta, Homs, Hama and others, shortly after the occupation of the area in March 2018 CE.
The “Sultan Murad Division” militia took control of the village and corrupted it, as the contents of most of its homes were stolen, including tools, mattresses, electrical equipment, gas cylinders, copper utensils, supplies, and what was found in terms of agricultural machinery, tractors and cars, as well as the village’s electricity transformer / 2 pieces / and the entire cables and the pillars of the public electricity and landline networks, a set of drinking water pumping from the well of the village and the remains of the destroyed olive press machines belonging to the citizen “Abdin Muhammad Ussi”, in addition to the theft of all the machines of the citizen’s presser “Manan Faiq Agha” near the Roman bridge and the fish farm belonging to him Next to the winepress and the river by the “Sham Legion” a militia, and his home in the village as well , the clinic building was completely destroyed in addition to /50 / houses, while / 50 / houses were partially destroyed in the village during the aggression against it.
“Sultan Murad” militias seized the houses of “Ali Mustafa Jammo and Ahmed Fayad Hajji” and the olive press of “Mustafa Manan Jammo” and part of the house of “Mustafa Ali Jammo” as their military headquarters, and they turned the agricultural extension building into a headquarters for the “civil defense”.
As for the educational situation in the village it is very poor, as there is an elementary school that lacks much, and attendance in it is limited to one or two days a week, while the preparatory stage that previously existed was canceled.
In addition to the seizure of about 270 homes with all their contents, the pro-Turkish militias and the Syrian-Brotherhood coalition seized all the properties of the immigrant and the forcibly displaced citizens of the village, including agricultural lands and about / 65 / thousand olive trees, for example (7 thousand trees belonging to three of the sons of the late Akash Agha, 15 thousand trees belonging to Manan Faeq Agha, 500 trees belonging to three of the sons of the late Ahmed Manan Abdullah, 5 thousand to the two brothers Mustafa and Waheed Adoul Hajj Sharif), and no authorization was accepted to dispose of the property of the absent clients, and the citizen, Muhammad Adoul Haj-Sharif, was forced to rent his automated bakery to the gunmen.
The Grievance Redress Committee visited the village for some time, and only a number of vehicles were recovered from these stolen and seized properties, after paying monetary fees from their owners.
The gunmen and those who were unjustly resettled cut down about /10/ thousand olive trees belonging to the people of the village for the purpose of logging, including (/ 300 / trees for “Mustafa Rashid Rasho” and / 500 / for “Radwan Nuri Rasho”, / 200 / for Ahmed Nuri Rasho, / 3 / thousands for Abidin Mustafa Akila, / 300 / for Mustafa Manan Jammo, / 200 / for Rashid Manan Jammo, / 150 / for Adham Ahmed Mustafa, / 500 / for “Ahmed Fayad Hajji”); As well as cutting down 90% of the trees and the forest surrounding the village, including (the forest between the villages of “Arab Wiran and Dirswan”, the forest in Ikdame on the east Dirswan road, the forest of Jabal Murad Agha and Jabal Dafeh Maghar) that were planted in 1983 AD, in addition to that overgrazing Sheep flocks between agricultural lands and olive fields.
The hills (Derswan – west of the village, Bakriyeh – north of the village) and the site of the “Nabi Hori” castle and the surrounding areas were dug and bulldozed with heavy machinery by the militias and under the supervision of Turkish intelligence, and their buried treasures were stolen.
The Kurds, the remaining residents of the village, have also been subjected to various harassment and violations, including insults, ransoms, financial royalties, arbitrary arrests, and more.
Muhammad Khalil Qara Muhammad / 50 / years old, Horik Jamil Ibo / 21 / years old, who were detained since February 2018 and who were forcibly disappeared for nearly three years, are still held in Marateh prison in Afrin.
The citizen “Abdo Jamil Qarah / 30 / years old” was arrested ten days ago at the entrance to Afrin and taken to Marateh prison as well.
= Typical settlement villages:
In implementation of Turkey’s Erdogan-Bahçeli policies of consolidating and expanding the systemic demographic change in the Afrin region, work is underway to build model settlement villages in order to house the recruits in it, with its tools from the Syrian terrorist militias and the Muslim Brotherhood networks funded and implemented, and through the Turkish Disaster and Emergency Management – AFAD, including:
– In a plot of land south of the village of Shadera – Sherawa, its owner was forced to sell it.
– In the “Sheikh Muhammad” mountain, north of the town of Kafr Safra-Jenderes.
– On the mountain “Çiyayê Shaweti” – the road to Mount Qaziqli, north of the town of Kafr Safra – Jenderes.
– In the “Lêçe” site between the villages of “Qarmetleq and Jaqale Tahtani” – Shiye / Sheikh Al-Hadid, near the Turkish border, where a new road was paved with the remains of quarries, starting from the junction of the village of Mesteka, in addition to work on preparing the infrastructure.
– In a plot of land near the clinic in the town of Shiye / Sheikh Al-Hadid, belonging to a number of citizens, the militia of the “Sultan Suleiman Shah Division” forced a number of them to sign assignment contracts in favor of the “local council” appointed by the occupation authorities. A local source believes that the so-called “Muhammad Jasim Abu Amsha,” the leader of the division, had received the price of the land from the funder, without paying its owners.
– In a mountainous location near the village of Haj Hasna – Jenderes, by the “Al-Ihssan Foundation for Relief and Development – Turkey,” where the project was announced on 4/2/2021 AD, which aims to build / 247 / housing units with an area of / 40 / square meters and a / 60 / square meters garden for each house.
– At a site near the village of “Khalta” – Shirawa, which is 10 km from the center of Afrin in the east, by the “Sham Al-Khair Association – Turkey”, where the project was announced under the name “Kuwait Al-Rahma Village” on April 17, 2021 AD by ” The local council in Afrin “upon the visit of its vice president, Muhammad Sheikh Rashid,” to the site, which aims to build / 300 / houses, a mosque, a dispensary, a school and an institute for memorizing the Qur’an; On the other hand, this small village of Khalta was almost completely destroyed by air strikes by the Turkish army on 1/31/2018, and its residents were forcibly displaced and prevented from returning to it.
On the other hand, within the framework of the active religious movement in Afrin and the popularization of the new hard-line Ottoman religious culture, the “Sham Al-Khair Society – Turkey”, which is mainly funded by Kuwaitis, announced the completion and inauguration of two mosques in Jenderes district, the first called “Dar Al Khalil” in the village Burjeke “on 3/27/2021 AD and the second in the name of“ Badr Hamad Bu Rahma ”in the village of“ Jalameh ”on 4/16/2021 AD, in the presence of“ Abd al-Qadir Bakr Oglu – General Coordinator of Religious Affairs ”of Turkey.
It is the duty of the international community and all patriotic Syrians to condemn the demographic change being implemented by the Turkish occupation in Afrin region, which amounts to ethnic cleansing against the Kurds, and to work to stop it and end the occupation and the presence of terrorist militias in the region.
Media Office – Afrin
The Kurdish Democratic Unity Party in Syria (Yekiti)
– The village of “Derswan” during the occupation.
– A destroyed house and another reserved in the name of “Abu al-Maut – Sultan Murad” in the village of Derswan.
– The village of “Khalta” – the destroyed Jebel Liloun.
– The “Kuwait Al-Rahma” settlement village – Mount Lillon
– The “Dar Al Khalil” and “Badr Hamad Bu Rahma” mosques in Jendires district.
Translated by Europe’s Organization of Democratic Unity Kurdish Party in Syria (Yekîti)