التقرير الاسبوعي ـ عفرين تحت الاحتلال ـ 131
مترجم إلى اللغة الانكليزية
Afrin under occupation (131):
Violations in the town of “Raju”, arbitrary arrests, “Alamshat” and money laundering projects, chaos and falseness and the martyrdom of a Kurdish citizen
In addition to that, Turkey imposes a media blackout and siege on the Afrin region, and it strives to polish and beautify its gloomy image of the violations and crimes committed therein, as well as the systemic demographic change that occurred in it, through affiliated or loyal media outlets, or correspondents and private representatives of the media and international organizations. As stated in an article by “Carlotta Gall”, director of the American New York Times office in Istanbul, published on February 16, it appears that Afrin “is a safe area and the Syrians are happy with the Turkish presence.” It overlooks the severe punishments inflicted on the indigenous population in Afrin due to the Turkish occupation, of which we list a part of the following:
= Raju Town – District Center:
It is located in the middle of a mountainous terrain /35/ km northwest of Afrin, and about /3/ km before the border strip with Turkey; which has witnessed heroic resistance for nearly 45 days against the Turkish invasion, and it was bombed with various types of weapons, destroying completly /6/ residential buildings each one of them with four floors -/20/ Appartment-, the old school building, and the old police station which was built in the French era and considered as a hestorical landmark building, as well as the destruction of four olive presses belonging to: the late Hajj Rashid Rashid – on the entrance to Atmana Road, the sons of Othman Mahek – Mosako Road, Shukri Umeh – Mamala Road, “Said Umeh – Dr. Aziz Bakeer” near the hill – entrance to the town, and Its remaining equipments under the rubble was stolen, and so was the rebars of its buildings.
The destruction of an Automated bakery belonging to “Ali Kanjo”, and about / 50 / partially houses, and the targeting of four sites occupied by the medical point during the war and vandalize and steal the alabaster tombs of the dead in Raju cemetery.
During the incursion, the militias stole the contents of most houses and shops, including supplies and foodstuffs, grain and oil, household appliances, furnishings, photovoltaic equipment and copper utensils, especially all that remains in the later seized houses, as well as most of the cables, poles, transformers, equipment of the public electricity and landline networks, and dozens of cars, tractors, and all equipment of two drinking water pumping stations of the town and some of its villages (the first near the village of Qarah baba, and the second on the slope of Armot), which were later rehabilitated.
In addition to cutting thousands of olive trees, almonds, figs, walnuts, and forest trees in the vicinity of the town.
The town consists of about 1500 houses, only 400 Kurdish families remain in it. About 1500 families of the recruits have been resettled in it, except for those in the camp built near the nearby train station.
The militia of Ahrar al-Sharqiya – the most influential in it, the Ninth Division, the descendants of the Prophet, and the Northern Brigade, are controlling the city, while the operations to seize public and private property include:
– / 1100 / houses and 80% of the warehouses – estimated at / 200 / stores – by the various militias.
– More than / 100 / thousand olive trees and thousands of fruit trees and agricultural lands in the vicinity of the town, and some of its villages belong to its citizens who were forcibly displaced by the various militias.
-A forced partnership by Al Sharqiya in investing: two automated bakeries (the renovated Ali Kanjo bakery, the Bnafsha Sons bakery) and the Omer Sharif gas station in the town.
– An olive press belonging to the citizen, “Murad Umeh” – Mamala Road, operated by “Al Sharqiya”, despite the presence of the owner in Raju.
– An olive press belonging to the late “Mamdouh Umeh” – the entrance to Raju, and it is operated by Al-Sharqiya, despite the presence of his widow in Raju.
– An olive press belonging to the forcibly displaced citizen, “Hassan Abd al-Kouriyeh” – near the entrance arch to Raju. It is operated by Al-Sharqiya, which also seized his house and made it a security headquarters and a prison.
– A fuel station belonging to the “Umeh family” at the town entrance, operated by “Al Sharqiya”, which seized a house for the family and made it the headquarters of its economic authority.
– The car park, which Al-Sharqiya turned into something like Al-Hal Market, in which they restricted the sales and purchases of all agricultural products and foodstuffs, without allowing sellers and buyers from the neighborhood to go to Afrin.
-The previously middle and high school building was turned into the headquarters of the Turkish army and intelligence.
– The houses of the two brother citizens, “Muhammad and Hamo Mehek,” were turned to the headquarters of the “Military Court.”
-The “Landline Phone Center” building and making it a headquarters for the “Civil Police.”
-The “Agriculture” building and making it the headquarters of the “Public Prosecution and the Magistrate’s Court.”
– The police station building and the Electricity Company building and making them headquarters for the “Military Police.”
– Houses for civilians and making them headquarters for the militias of the “Ninth Division, descendants of the Prophet, the Northern Brigade.”
– Electricity generation groups and networks and their investment by Al-Sharqiya.
In addition, only an elementary and preparatory school remained in the town in one building, as the secondary school that was established more than / 35 / years ago was canceled.
The townspeople were subjected to various types of violations and crimes, including killing, displacement, arbitrary arrest, torture, humiliating and cruel treatment, imposing ransoms, theft, and others, as gunmen recently stole property and supplies from the home of the widow, Umm Samer, who was absent for one day.
It is noteworthy that the militias, accompanied by Turkish intelligence, arrested the citizens, (Rashid Abdo son of Mustafa), (Sultan and Farid Mustafa sons of Ahmed and Mawleda), and (Muhammad Mulla Ali son of Adnan), from Raju in mid-2018, and forcibly disappeared, without bringing them to any trial, and they are still unknown.
= Arbitrary arrests:
– At the beginning of this February, the occupation authorities released the citizen, “Muhammad Hamo son of Omar and Soliya” from the village of “Komrashe” – Raju, after he was arrested by the militias accompanied by Turkish intelligence on 3/19/2018 and deposited in the “Meydan Akbas” prison at the beginning, then he was forcibly disappeared for more than two and a half years until he was transferred to Marate prison in Afrin months before his release.
– On 2/14/2021 AD, the “Sultan Suleiman Shah Division – Al-Amshat” militia arrested the citizens Abdo Taneh son of Hanan, Aref Dalu son of Rashid, Muhammad Sheikh Hanan son of Mustafa, Walid Mahu son of Muhammad from the people of the village of Hekecheh – Jenderes after their return from the village Qarmitleq – Schiye/Sheikh Al-Hadid after the end of their work in pruning olive grove trees on the pretext that they were smugglers at the border, where She practiced torture against them and fired two bullets in the legs of the young man, “Abdo Taneh” and released them after three days of detention and investigations.
= “Amashat” and money laundering projects:
In an attempt to launder its money, cover its crimes, and give legitimacy to its presence, on 2/17/2021 AD, the militia of the Sultan Suleiman Shah Division and its leader, Muhammad al-Jasim Abu Amsha, laid the foundation stone for a project to build a hospital in the town of Shiye / Sheikh Al-Hadid In the presence of “Nasr Al-Hariri, head of the Syrian-Brotherhood coalition,” and “Salim Idris, Minister of Defense of the Coalition Provisional Government,” in an olive grove belonging to the family of Suleiman “Sufi” and a widowed woman, located at the entrance to the town, after the arc to the right of the road, without having to pay for it;
Likewise, a café was opened in the name of the “Recep Tayyip Erdogan” roundabout rebuilted in the middle of Nabaa Square, with the Turkish flag raised, within seized stores, and in the presence of a Turkish official and gendarmerie.
It opened a commercial mall within the seized shops belonging to citizens (Nazmi Sheikho, Muhammad Ibrahim) near Kojer Gas Station, in the presence of a Turkish official and Gendarmerie.
In addition to many other projects in Afrin and Turkey, with the money stolen from the seizure of private and public property, the royalties and ransoms imposed on the people of the district and its villages under its control, and the salaries and bonuses granted to it in return for its work as mercenaries with Turkey in Libya and Azerbaijan.
The Turkish-coalition coverage of “Abu Amsha” projects -Who plunder huge sums in multiple ways- is a crime of itself, and participation with him in the violations and crimes that he commits with his militia.
= Chaos and disorder:
– On 2/14/2021 AD, clashes took place between the militias of “Ahrar al-Sharqiya and Jaish al-Sharqiya” in the neighborhood of Rafatiya – the city of Jenderes, and an explosion took place at the entrance of the city in front of the shop owned by the citizen “Abdo Mahmoud”, resulting two people were injured, material damage and the death of an elderly Kurdish citizen “Izzat Khalil Othman “ in the next day, succumbing to his wounds, he is from the village of “Jaqala Wastani” and a resident of Jenderes.
– On 2/16/2021 AD, the so-called “Abu Shibli,” one of the leaders of the “Sham Legion” militia in Jenderes city, attacked Dr. Ahmed Suleiman from the village of Korku with severe beating and insults, in the middle of the industrial shop’s street, although he is a collaborator with the occupation authorities, his cries and friendship with Turkish intelligence and other militias did not help him.
– On the evening of 2/16/2021 AD, a jeep was detonated with an explosive device in the Mahmoudiya neighborhood of Afrin, wounding one person and causing material damage.
– On 2/17/2021 AD, targeting al-Shahba areas (Sardam camp, Tal Qaraj village, Kashtaar, Abyan …), crowded with displaced people from Afrin, with several missiles by the Turkish army and its mercenaries.
– On the evening of 2/17/2021 AD, several rockets fell on the city of Afrin, hitting buildings in the vicinity of the security square around the former Afrin Hospital, causing material damage and more than ten wounded, and constituting a state of panic among the residents.
On the other hand, and within the framework of spreading a religious culture – Ottoman and Brotherhood, on 2/17/2021 AD, and under the supervision of the Department of “Ifta, Endowments and Religious Affairs” in Afrin, the “Advocacy Office” in the city held a ceremony to graduate and honor several students who completed a comprehensive course in inheritance, and they obtained licenses on the four Islamic Doctrines or one of them.
Didn’t Mrs. Carlotta Gall, while visiting Afrin, see Felled olive trees? And the schools turned into military barracks? the Kurdish population in the city is now 20% of its population while they were 95%? Shops, homes and properties seized and forfeited from their owners?, how the names of schools and squares changed from Kurdish to Turkish and Arabic?, did not she noticed the absence of the famous Kurdish symbol “Kawa Al-Haddad”? … A person of conscience cannot overlook what happened and is still in occupied Afrin.
– A group of photos published by Anadolu Agency, immediately after the occupation of the town, showing part of the destruction, and how militias took over shops and houses by writing on their doors.
– The “Civil Police” is in front of the Umeh family gas station, which is located next to the “court” headquarters.
– A Turkish soldier raises the gray wolf emblem next to a building in Raju, the written in Turkish means “I don’t know who burned Rome, but we burned Raju.”
– Al-Amashat projects, “the mall, the cafe, the cornerstone of a hospital” in the town of Shiye / Sheikh Al-Hadid and the “Erdogan roundabout” in Nabaa Square under the Turkish flag.
– The elderly martyr, “Izzat Khalil Othman.”
– Effects of shells falling in Afrin.
– Honoring students who obtained licenses on Islamic sects.
Media Office – Afrin
The Kurdish Democratic Unity Party in Syria (Yekiti)
Translated by Europe’s Organization of Democratic Unity Kurdish Party in Syria (Yekîti)