التقرير الاسبوعي ـ عفرين تحت الاحتلال ـ 129
مترجم إلى اللغة الانكليزية
Afrin under occupation (129):
Violations and crimes in “Burj Abdalo” village, arbitrary arrests, and settlement projects in “Shadereh and Qarmetleq”
Turkey-Justice and Development- and its mercenaries from the Syrian-Brotherhood coalition militias did not differentiate between one Kurdish and another, but rather considered him as a terrorist, separatist or infidel, even if they were coalition’s supporters, or “Free Army” fans, or opposed to the previous Autonomous Administration were subjected to violations and crimes, and their villages witnessed A demographic change.
The following facts, which we documented during the past week, took place in various villages and towns of Afrin, namely:
= Burj Abdalo Village- Sherawa:
It is one of the beautiful villages on the banks of the Afrin River, and has been subjected to various types of violations since its occupation in mid-March 2018 AD, as it is composed of about /200/ houses, about /50/ families of its original inhabitants were unable to return to it, and about /75/ families of the recruits were resettled instead of them, in addition to a camp built near it on the site of “Tel Moss – Cave of Dodareh” -their sheep flocks grazes freely even if agricultural property is damaged.
During the incursion, the house of citizen “Muhammad Alou” was destroyed, the homes of the forcibly displaced were seized, and most of the contents of the houses were stolen, including supplies, furnishings, copper utensils, olive oil, electrical power supplies, etc., and /7/ cars belonging to the citizens (Zakaria Oso, Muhammad Mesto, Kamal Aziz, Muhammad Abu Siwar, Hussein Khaled Mamash, Zuhair Othman, and another whose name we could not know), and /4/ Tractors, three of which belong to the late Bahri Agha, and the fourth belongs to Zakaria Oso.
During the invasion of the village, the “Hamzat Division” militia, which has a headquarters in the house of the late “Bahri Agha” and headed in the village by the called “Abdo Othman – Abu Mahmoud”, seized all the property of the absentees, which is estimated at about /350/ hectares of various agricultural lands (olive trees And fruits, pomegranates and others), and about / 200 / hectares of it belongs to the sons of the late Bahri Agha, and twenty set of irrigation water pumps were stolen from the wells.
During the past month, cables, poles, and equipment from the public electricity and landline networks as well as the main electricity transformer in the village were stolen.
A week ago, four photoelectric panels with two batteries, and a tractor starter and its battery were stolen from the house of the citizen, “Khalil Othman”.
As for the drinking water pumping set of the villages of “Basuta and Burj Abdalo,” it was stolen since the first days of the invasion, and another one was supplied at the expense of the people of the two villages, which did not last long until it broke down and some parts were stolen again so the station stopped working.
In addition to the repeated arrests, torture, the imposition of royalties and ransoms, the militias stormed the house of Mr. “Nazmi Seydou Mohamed” in the village on the night of 11/9/2018 AD, and murdered his elderly mother, Aisha Hanan by strangling her, and stole what was inside the house of jewelry and money.
It also attacked the citizen Zakaria Osu, the only remaining one from his brothers in the village, and subjected him to frequent torture and insults, forcing him and his family to emigrate a year ago, to seize all his and his brothers’ properties, which are / 4 / houses and / 5 / hectares of land, vegetables and fruits cooling and preservation facility, tractor, and car).
It also cut about / 4 / thousand trees, fruits, pomegranates, and olives, and most of the forest trees in the forests in the north of the village, which contained about / 10 / thousand trees. It also bulldozed and excavated the archaeological “Burj Abdlo” hill and stole buried treasures from it.
For three years, the occupation authorities have been distributing aids on a weekly basis of various kinds to applicants who have been resettled and not the original inhabitants of the village.
Rather, the Hamza Division militia, in cooperation with the village committee, sold about 800 bags of fertilizer at a price of 22 dollars per bag without distributing it to those who were previously registered (200 people for a fee of 7 Turkish liras in the form of aid for them – 4 bags per farmer -).
= Arbitrary arrests:
– A week ago, the Military Police arrested the citizen, Sheikh Ahmed Ezzat Alo / 50 / years, from the village of “Ain Hajar al-Gharbi – Mabta”, Because of a tip-off on him, and they stole from him: (/ 700 / thousand Syrian pounds, / 6 / thousand dollars, and / 4,5 / thousands Turkish liras), and other possessions.
– As a result of the siege of the town of “Kakhera” – Mabata on 1/27/2021 AD, its residents were subjected to violations, and 16 of its residents were arrested and severely tortured by the militia of the “Sultan Suleiman Shah Brigade – Al-Amshat”, some of whom were transferred to receive treatment in Afrin hospitals, the young “Renas Hasso, who was re-arrested by the Military Police on January 31, 2021, despite his ill health due to torture, and his fate is still unknown.
On 2/2/2021, a group of women from the town protested these practices.
– On 2/3/2021 AD, the town of “Kafr Safra” – Jenderes was subjected to a campaign of arrests against citizens, “Hassan Hussein Sher, Murad Sido Khlo, Abdul Rahman Muhammad Hamo Majeed, Ahmed Hassan Ahmed Mamed, Muhammad Khalil Murad,” where the “Military Police” transported them to Jenderes to take punitive action against them.
= Sporadic violations:
– Among the martyrs of the bombing of the industrial zone in Afrin, on Saturday 01/30/2021 AD, was the citizen “Abd al-Rahman Hamdan son Ali / 40 / years, and his son, “Ali / 12 / years” from the Arab component – the Al-Omairat clan in Afrin.
-The gunmen of the “Sultan Murad Division”, and its leader in the town of Sharra called “Abu Hanish”, seized the house of the elderly “Umm Omar / 55 / years old,” under weapons threat.
– In the village of Shadere-Shirawa, the citizen (Z.C), one of its residents, was forced was forced at a gunpoint to sell a piece of land from his property, located outside the village towards “Darat Azza” to build a complete settlement that includes several residential buildings, a clinic, and a school in return for granting him an apartment from the project.
– After cutting about / 200 / perennial olive trees in a field belonging to the “Haidar” family in the village of Qarmatlaq-Shiye / Sheikh Al-Hadid, and in cooperation with the local council in the district, the militia of the Sultan Suleiman Shah Brigade – Al-Amshat are trying to build a settlement on that land, and when a family member reviewed the council and provided proof of ownership, his complaint was ignored and his request was rejected, under the pretext that “he owns a house in Afrin”, and he was threatened with punishment in the event of continuing to request ownership of the land.
– The “Ninth Division” militia in the village of “Meskeh-Raju” stole the timber of the sidewalk and the wooden beams of the tracks on the famous “Hardera / Hasharkeh” bridge – of the Eastern Express Line, which reaches a length of / 450 / m, where the line is deliberately sabotaged.
– The tomb of the late poet Arif Khalil Sheikho, who died on 7/4/202012 AD in the village of “Kusu – Rajo”, which is controlled by the “Sham Legion” militia, was recently exposed to deliberate vandalism, due to the Kurdish writings on it like the graves of martyrs and mausoleums, as it is Known that Kurdish shrines and personalities and many other graves in Afrin have been destroyed and vandalized.
– On 2/4/2021 AD, the citizen “Rashid Amouna” from the village of “Qota” – Bulbul” was severely beaten by some militia gunmen present in the neighboring village of “Berkusheh”, on the pretext that he was late in securing bread, as he was the authorized person in charge of selling it.
The occupation authorities in Afrin do not take wishes, hopes, and grovel in front of its doors into consideration, at least in reducing its violations, it must be detected and exposed in front of the Syrian and international public opinion, and we must clarify all the hostile policies it stands behind it, while continuing to work and struggle at all levels to end the occupation and the existence of terrorist mercenaries.
Media Office – Afrin
– The village of “Burj Abdalo” before the occupation.
-The archaeological hill of “Burj Abdalo” after it was bulldozed and excavated.
– The martyr “Abd al-Rahman Hamdan son of Ali.”
– “Hardera / Hasharkeh” Bridge – Raju before the occupation.
-The tomb of the poet “Aref Khalil Sheikho” before and after the occupation.
The Kurdish Democratic Unity Party in Syria (Yekiti)
Translated by Europe’s Organization of Democratic Unity Kurdish Party in Syria (Yekîti)