التقرير الاسبوعي ـ عفرين تحت الاحتلال 120
مترجم إلى اللغة الانكليزية
Afrin Under Occupation (120):
Three villages under complete siege, police officers in Mabata practice torture, arrests, chaos and cutting down of trees
“Kurds are terrorists” this is Erdogan – Bahtjali’s logic, especially as they have been accusing the prominent Kurdish leader and politician Salah al-Din Demirtaş, who has been in custody in Turkey for four years, with this fabricated accusation. With the same logic, the Turkish occupation authorities deal with the Kurds – the indigenous people in Afrin region, sponsoring, encouraging and paying militias of the Syrian Opposition Coalition and the Muslim Brotherhood to practice violations and commit crimes against the area, including people, trees and stones:
=On 04/12/2020, following a landmine explosion that afflicted the car of one of the chiefs of Sham Legion near the village of ” Baaya”, members of the militia enclosed and sieged the villages of Basoufan, Baah, Kbaishen – Lilon Mount and carried out a campaign of arrests, accompanied by insults and beating, against their inhabitants on charges of communicating with “Kurdish forces” . Among the detainees: ” Ali Kazem Ali – Rizan Ibrahim Arabo – Basil Mamed Hussein – Samer Mamed Hussein – Riad Ali Jumaa – Ahmed Hindi Hindi “Likewise, the young man, Delbein Arabo, was released due to bleeding from his body as a result of the beating he had received. Also, the houses of (Muhammad Ali Junaid, Arab Shaheen, Sheikho Ibrahim) in Basoufan were raided and their contents stolen. When the latter tried to prevent the mercenaries from stealing his house, he was severely beaten, and he was subsequently hospitalized to Afrin for treatment. The conditions are still bad in the three villages, as they are under siege. It is noteworthy that Nasr Hariri, head of the Syrian – Brotherhood Coalition, visited the Yazidi village of Basoufan recently and promised the people to return ” rights and grievances. “!
= During the last three months, the town of Mabata / Maabatli suffered from a campaign of arbitrary arrests affected nearly forty Kurds on various charges. The town is under the control of “Shamiya Front ” and there is a Turkish center for intelligence and another center for “civilian police”. In order to consolidate their fabricated accusations and coerce cooperation, the detainees, under the supervision of intelligence, have been severely tortured during interrogation with whips and electricity, accompanied by curses and insults. Among the policemen there have been some officials who practiced torture based on sectarian hatred against the town’s inhabitants who belong to Alawite sect, such as Lieutenant Ahmed Haj Ali (Abu Bakr ) from Rastan and Lieutenant Mohammed Hussein ( Abu Amjad ) from Azaz and Captain Yousef Yassin from Damascus . The citizens “ Zuhair Shaabu, Muhammad Yusuf, Ramzi Aliko ” were released from Maratiyeh prison – Afrin on November 29,2020 after each one of them was fined with1500 Turkish liras.
= On Sunday 06/12/2020 AD, the two citizens ( Muhammad Habash Habbo /55/ and Muhammad Husayn Dado / 30 / years ) from Baadina town were arrested by the Turkish intelligence and military police, and were taken to Rajo District Center . On 30/11/2020, ” Rifaat Hussain Muhammad was arrested and later released after paying a fine of 1000 Turkish liras.
= On 06/12/2020, militias of ” Ahrar Asharqiya ” kidnapped the citizens (Mohammed Haj Yusuf Bahar, Ahmed Haj Colin) and the two female citizens ( Khaladh Sheikh and Amina Abdo Murad ) from lower suburb in the city of Jenders, and still unaccounted for.
= Longin Mohammad Abdo and her sister Rojin, Haifa Al – Jassem and Rokan Manla Muhammad) are four women who have been recently released from Maratieh prison – Afrin. They were abductees and unaccounted for nearly for two years and a half. On 25/05/2020, during the break-in of an armed group of “Islam Army ” to the headquarters of the militia ” Hamzat Squad ” in the city of Afrin, the women appeared in a video clip with a group of / 11 / detainees, and they were hidden again. The fate of the remaining seven women, as well as the father of the two sisters, Longin and Rogen, remains unknown.
In the context of chaos and lawlessness, we hereby document the following security incidents:
– On Friday’s morning 11/12/2020 , the citizen Adel Hanan Najjar, on the right side of forty – originally from the village of Qibar, was found in the lobby of his house in Ashrafieh neighborhood – Afrin, hanged with an electric cable. According to circulated photos and hearsays in the neighborhood, there is no confirmation of suicide. There are still many mysteries and questions about the accident.
– According to the Civil Defense, on 08/12/2020 the body of a child in his first decade was found dead and dumped between olive fields in the village of Hamam – Jenderes.
– According to local sources, on December 10, 2020, the corpse of a Damascene refugee accompanied by another survivor, were found near the Sharra town junction. They had been kidnapped more than a week ago by armed men.
– On 09/12/2020, there was an operational readiness of ” Sultan Murad’s militias in the city of Afrin which fought with the militia of Malikshah Division as a result of the latter’s capture of a member of the former and was handed over to the ” Military Police ” , because the arrested man had harassed a women close to ” Malakshah from Homs.
Cutting down of trees:
– One of the leaders of the militia of Brigade 112 named ” Ahmed Rahal – Abu Hassan cut down a large willow tree in front of the Shaban Mill in the center of the town of Adina, as well as a perennial pine tree aged 150 years northwest of the village of Damlia; in addition to cutting olive trees in the fields of Khazianiye village which he controls. There, he opened a warehouse and a trade center for firewood in the Rachid Dahdo gas station in Baadina.
– Most of the pine forest trees in Haj Mohammed Mount, West Qazkulai Mountains and north of the town Kafir Safreh have been cut. The site along with neighboring olive groves have become pastures for sheep flocks belonging to the militia leaders of Samarkand Brigade that controls the town.
If the opportunists, collaborators and others under the whip of terror praise the Turkish occupation authorities and their militias, the people of Afrin strongly denounce existence of the occupants and their shameful and criminal deeds. They do not welcome the visit of any of the Syrian – Brotherhood Coalition, such as Naser Hariri or anyone else. They realize that the end of their tragedy begins with ending the presence of the occupation and its mercenaries.
Media Office -/ Afrin
The Kurdish Democratic Unity Party in Syria ( Yekti)
– The deceased citizen, ” Adel Hanan Najjar”.
– Mapta police station / Maabatli.
– Jabal Hajj Muhammad site – north of the town of Kafir Safreh.
Translated by Europe’s Organization of the Kurdish Democratic Unity Party in Syria (Yakiti)