التقرير الاسبوعي : عفرين تحت الاحتلال ـ 115
مترجم إلى اللغة الانكليزية
Afrin is under occupation (115):
Restoration of Rights and Grievances Committee, Lies and Delusions, Ongoing thefts, Persistent arrests, Cutting Down a Perennial Tree
One of the most prominent projects of the Turkish state ever since it was founded, has been the fight against the existence of the Kurds, their language and culture, obliterating the historical monuments of their presence, and achieve the widest demographic change in their regions. This is exactly what we have been witnessing since the occupation of the Syrian Kurdish region of Afrin in March 2018 to-date. That is confirmed by thousands of reports and documents as well as the vivid scenes that indicate daily hostile practices of the occupation forces and their terrorist militias against its people. It is also manifested in the repeated statements of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the latest of which is his saying “Every land where the blood of our soldiers has been shed is part of our territory” depending on a racist approach according to that of Justice and Development Party- AKP And its ally, the National Movement Party- MHP .
Those practices against the indigenous people of Afrin, that are adopted under the supervision of Turkish intelligence, are a conclusive evidence of the occupiers’ disregard for the international humanitarian law and international covenants and charters, which Turkey must respect and abide by in its capacity as an occupying power of part of the territory of another country.
The violations and crimes have not stopped yet, and we have monitored some of them over the past week:
– With regard to the so-called ” Restoration of Rights and Grievances’ Committee ” formed by the ” Syrian Interim Government ” of the Syrian – Brotherhood Coalition under the direct direction of the Turkish intelligence, following the pressure of reports issued by media and human rights organizations about the conditions prevailing in Afrin region, in particular, the latest report of the Independent International Investigation Committee on Syria, we would like to show the following:
1- Being leaders and members of those militias that have been plundering, imposing tributes and other vices up-to this very moment, some of the committee members, if not most of them, are the ones who committed grievances.
2- Families refrained from submitting complaints to the committee about the grievances that have befallen them, for fear that they will be punished later on.
3- What is being promoted through the Turkish and coalition media, and through the show-off visits of Nasr Al – Hariri – the head of the coalition in Afrin, about the restoration of some rights constitute but a very small portion of the enormous size of the various violations and crimes committed.
4- Hariri’s visit to the village of Basufan – Jebel Lilun Yazidiyya does not obscure the fact that about 80% of its inhabitants have been displaced and the recruited have resettled in their place, nor does it hide the fact that the shrine of the village has been destroyed and its people prevented from practicing their religious rituals and beliefs.
– In the evening of Monday 02/11/2020 the citizens “ Salah Hanan Othman, Adnan Omar Murad, Hussein Ahmed Ali, Muhammad Mustafa Jarji ” from the town of Baadina – Rajo were arrested and taken to the police station in Rajo sub – district , under the pretext of their participation in guard shifts during the rule of self-administration.
– On November 5, 2020, the Military Police arrested the electrician Badr Kotto from the village of Hamam – Jenderes and he still unaccounted for.
– After hospitalizing a patient from the village to the town of Afrin, the citizen Esmat Hussein Gano / 40 / years from the village of Habboo – Mabata, was kidnapped on his way back with his car on Thursday night 05/11/2020, and was never heard from. It is likely that he has been kidnapped by the checkpoint of Amara village – Rajo Road intersection which is under the control of Ahrar al-Sharqiya militia.
– The theft of the olive harvest is still continuing by the militants and the settlers brought to the region. The checkpoints spread in most roads and junctions impose royalties on car loads and vehicles, and the militias force the people to press their crops of olives in the mills specified by them and fall within the scope of their control. In case of any disobedience, the militias arrest them or impose financial fines on them. The reason behind all of this is to know the quantity of oil produced and accordingly impose the royalty.
– The dominant militias on the village ” Maamala – -Rajo stole the crop of 70 olive trees belonging to Adnan Muhammad Ali Kulay Mijo.
– An armed group cut down a perennial oak tree – estimated to be about a hundred years old, in the village of Altania – Rajo.
The hollow slogans repeated by the Turkish leaders and their president, such as ” brotherhood in religion, good neighborliness, and the preservation of the integrity of the Syrian territories” have become known far and wide. In fact, they are nothing but red herring and a disdain for the minds of the naïve Syrian people to pass their racist and expansionist projects. It is time for the Syrian people who are still conceited by Turkey, to realize its suspicious and harmful role for Syria’s land and people.
Media Office – Afrin
The Kurdish Democratic Unity Party in Syria ( Yekti)
– Nasr Al Hariri’s visit to the village of Basoufan.
– the control of militia ” Liwa Ashamal on the ” village “Maamila-Rajo.
Translated by Europe’s Organization of the Kurdish Democratic Unity Party (Yakiti)