التقرير الاسبوعي : عفرين تحت الاحتلال ـ 113
مترجم إلى اللغة الانكليزية
Afrin Under Occupation (113)
Turkey has not put an end to its violations and crimes, Detentions and tributes, burning forests and fighting the Kurdish language.
Given the scale of violations and crimes committed in the occupied region of Afrin and their continuation at the previous pace, it is evident that the Independent International Investigation Committee on Syria, and subsequently the Human Rights Council and the United Nations, have not succeeded all in urging and pushing Turkey towards putting an end to the crimes committed by the militias of the ” Syrian National Army”. Despite the inclusion of many facts and evidences in the report dated 14 September, upon which the committee relied to reach to the conclusion that war crimes have been committed in Afrin and refer to the responsibility of Ankara for the establishment of public order and safety, the leaders and pied pipers of ” the Syrian coalition – the Muslim Brotherhood and its interim government and terrorist army did not feel a bit ashamed towards the accusations leveled against them. Instead, they denied in rhetorical sentences, lies, deceptions, and programmed visits to Marathi prison in Afrin and some centers of the militant leaders. As for the committee formed by the Coalition for investigation on the violations in Afrin, which the Kurdish National Council highly praised, it has been neglected and forgotten. Even the detention of NKC supporters who had been working in the local councils and appointed by the occupation authorities has been forgotten. 11 Kurdish citizens, members and employees of the Maabatli Local Council including its president and vice president – are still under arbitrary detention by the Turkish intelligence in the district center for about / 14 / days without bringing them to a fair trial or informing their families about their fate or the accusations against them.
During the last week we have observed the following violations:
– A militia from the “Muhammad al-Fateh Brigade” obliges citizens to press the olive crop from the fields within its control at the “Sheikh Hussein” mill on the Darumiya – Katakh road, and imposes a tribute of 5% on the oil product. Another militia from the same brigade forces the inhabitants to press the olive crop from the fields under its control in a mill at the entrance of the village of Araba – Mapata, and imposes a royalty of 0.7 dollar for each oil tin can.
– In the context of the innovative methods of stealing, the militias “of Ahrar Asharqiya, ” deployed in most of Rajo’s villages, imposed a royalty of 5 million Syrian pounds on Kurdish citizen (M.J) in a village annexed to Rajo District, and forced him to pay under the threat of kidnapping and torture, under the pretext of harvesting the olives of a field belonging to his absent uncle, despite his assignment to him, and that he is well-to-do.
– In light of the continued arrests of civilians in Afrin area, on 22/10/2020 the ” military police ” arrested the young man Massoud Ali Kilo 25 years old, a resident of the town Baadina – Rajo, and took him to its headquarters in the center of Rajo District. About a month ago, the same authority also arrested the citizen Hannan Hano, a resident of the town of Jenderes, and still unaccounted for.
– On 23/10/2020 an armed group set fires in Mount ” Barsh Khatun ” near the village Qustul Jando – Shara District.
– With the beginning of the new academic year, new books, including one for learning the Kurdish language, were given to elementary school students in Jenders schools; The book, however, was later taken back. That latter step comes within the framework of fighting the Kurdish language and culture and a scandalous step to prevent the Kurds from learning their language. At a time when the Turkish language education is imposed on all levels.
– In broad daylight the militia ” Waqqas Brigade” that controls the villages of Anqaleh-Shieh/ Sheikh Hadid, has been looting around / 20 / tons of olive-pomace oil from the mill belonging to the family of ” Mukhtar in the village, in front of the eyes of their owners. The value of the stolen olive-pomace is estimated at 1.5 million Syrian pounds.
The historical hostility and the blind hatred that the rulers of Ankara, and the leaders of the Justice and Development Party (AKP) in particular, have towards the Kurds and anything that have to do with them, brought for the peoples of the region: Arabs, Turks, Kurds and others, nothing but harm and damage. If the wise of all parties do not confront this poisonous mentality, crises and problems will further aggravate. Confronting the aforementioned mentality is necessary so that all peoples live in safety and stability for the sake of peace and stability in the region and the world as a whole.
Media Office – Afrin
The Kurdish Democratic Unity Party in Syria
– Mount ” Barsh Khatun ” – Shara, cutting of olive trees started the first day of the Turkish invasion, the image source : Inab Baladi
– Maabatli Police Station.
Translated by Europe’s Organization of the Kurdish Democratic Unity Party (Yakiti)