التقرير الاسبوعي ـ عفرين تحت الاحتلال (112)
مترجم إلى اللغة الانكليزية
Afrin under Occupation 112
Robbery of olive crop continues, abductions and arrests, killing of a minor and burning forests
The policy of starvation and impoverishment of the Kurds is an old – new policy pursued by the Turkish government against them wherever they are under the pretext of ” being terrorists and backing the PKK ” or that they constitute “a threat to national security “! The purpose of the aforementioned policy is to force them evacuate their homes and push them to emigrate and displace and consequently expand and consolidate demographic change in the Kurdish regions. Ever since the occupation of Afrin by the Turkish army, accompanied by terrorist militias, severe restrictions have been imposed on the economic movement in terms of squandering and weakening the livelihoods of the indigenous population, including olive oil as a main source. In addition to looting and royalties, there is a Turkish team – based in the city of Jenderes – under the supervision of Turkish intelligence (MIT) that almost entirely controls the purchase of olive oil and also controls prices that ranged between 40 to 50 dollars per a tin (16 kg net) before the occupation the prices ranged between 40 to 50 dollars per a tin (16 kg net). Now, however, the price ranges between /20-30 / USD, while in other parts of Syria – outside Turkish influence, prices have doubled. As a proof of the systematic looting, we have recently received a photo from the German city of Gottingen – state of Nadarzksn whereby one-liter volume bottles of olive oil (1 kg approximately) labeled ” Afrin Mountains Olive Oil ” country of origin: Turkey and the date of production03/12/2019 at a cut price of / 7 . 5 / € i.e. 16 kg × 7.5 = 120 euros =140USD) It is a smoking gun proof of looting the wealth of Afrin that passes through Turkey to the European markets. Comparing between the purchase price from Afrin and selling price in the European markets and taking into account the cost of filtering, packing and transporting, there remains a big difference, and shows the huge profits that Turkey earns from the olive crop in Afrin. The Turkish Minister of Agriculture blatantly admitted to the Parliament in November 2018 AD that Turkey seized the olive crop in Afrin and sold it, arguing: “We, in the government, want to put our hands on Afrin’s resources in a way or another, so that these resources do not fall in the hands of the PKK”. In addition to that, the armed militia and most of the recruited people unfairly steal the crop to the full view of the occupation authorities and the local councils that claim to be there to serve the people, without any moral deterrent, and without any of the people daring to file a complaint against the thieves or prevent them in a way or another. During the last week documented some of these thefts and violations:
– In the town of Kafr Safra – Jenderes, the crop of about / 500 / olive trees located in the north of the village on the Qazqili mountain road belonging to the citizens ( Hussein Muhammad Tarmoush 50 trees, Ahmad Muhammad Tarmoush 50 trees , Abd al-Rahman Rashid Abdo 100 trees , Mahmoud and his brother Muhammad Khalil Muhammad Bulu 200 trees , Fatoum, the widow of the late Hassan Hamid Sher -50 trees Muhammad Rashid Sher trees100) please take note that the militia controlling the town have already seized about 15 thousand olive trees belonging to citizens forcibly displaced from the town distributed as following : Abdo Ismat Murad and his brothers – / 1300 / trees, Nabi Murad bin Khalil Nabi 1800, trees Abidin Haj Abdo 350 trees, Jalal Muhammad Murad 500 Kadro family “ Muhammad, Hussein, Jamil Kidro, Khalil Ibo, and others 8000 Muhammad Husayn Jasu 150 trees… etc.
– Members of the armed checkpoint at the entrance to the town of Kutana – Bulbul seize half of the load of each pickup truck or tractor of olive, whereby the owners are unable to prevent them or file a complaint against them with any concerned authority.
– In the context of the ongoing violations against Afrin residents, the so – called Civil Police notified twenty civilians in the village of Qasim – Rajo to review the headquarters of the “court” of Rajo in two batches. Upon attendance, they were all arrested for one day on charges of participating for three days in the night guarding for the previous Self-Administration. They were released after each one of them paid TL 1000. Among others, we knew ( Taher Suleiman Diko / 81 / years old, Batal Suleiman Diko / 63 / years old, Muhammad Shaban Diko / 35 / years, Ahmed Hassan Diko / 32 / years, Ahmed Abdel Qader Hassan / 36 / years, Hanan Sheikh Ibrahim / 35 / , Ahmad Sheikho / 43 / , Khalil Bakr Bilal / 45 / years). Whereas, the second batch (ten citizens) were arrested on 10/11/2020 AD.
– On14/10/2020 the Turkish intelligence, accompanied by the civil police, arrested the head of th “ Local Council in Maabatli / Mabata – appointed by the occupation authorities- Eng. Abdul Muttalib Sheikh Na`asan and a member of the Council Hasan Ishanu. On 10/10/2020 they arrested other citizens in the town, including employees and members of the council, among whom we could know: Media Ibrahim Khanjar, Muhammad Sitto, Salah Shaabu, Muhammad Ali Naasan ) without mentioning the reasons and their fate is still unknown.
Likewise, a number of citizens from the village of Hassia – Mabata were arrested on charges of dealing with the previous administration, to force them to pay a ransom ranging between / 500 – 1000 / Turkish lira..
– On 14/10/2020 the militants of ” Sultan Suleiman Shah – Al – Amshat ” militia kidnapped three civilians from the village of Jaqala Wastani – Shieh / Sheikh Al-Hadid. They are: Batal Ahmed Ali, Hassan Muhammad Ali, Awni Khalil Usu . Their families were demanded to pay a ransom of five million Syrian pounds for each person. After negotiations with the armed people, however, they paid one million Syrian pounds for the release of each person on 12/10/2020 .
– On 13/10/2020 while a group of civilians were trying to cross the Turkish border, the Turkish gendarmes fired live bullets at them, which led to the death and martyrdom of the minor Hassan Jumaa Al-Hamad, of Arab origin from Jenderes district.
– In the context of blatant encroachment on the vegetation cover in Afrin region, on 10/10/2020 AD, fires blazed the Mount Kaloushki overlooking Lake Midaneky, as well as on the eastern side of Mount Hawar, near the former forester center, where the fire continued from noon to evening.
The seizure of the property of the Kurdish population, the theft of the olive crop, and the attempts to cut and dry up their livelihoods by terrorist militias and under the supervision of the Turkish MIT, is a war crime and a crime against humanity that requires the prosecution and punishment of the perpetrators. They are a grave violation of international humanitarian law and international covenants and charters of human rights. The Turkish state is committed to them as the occupying state of Afrin region as part of the territory of another state.
Media Office – Afrin
The Kurdish Democratic Unity Party in Syria (Yakiti)
The minor martyr Hassan Jumaa Al – Hamad – Jendires.
– archive photo of fire amid Lake Forest Midaneka, summer 2018 AD.
– “ Afrin Mountain Oil Packages ” – Turkey’s origin.