التقرير الاسبوعي ـ عفرين تحت الاحتلال 137
مترجم إلى اللغة الانكليزية
Afrin under occupation (137):
):“Araba” village under violations, “Nowruz” absence, release of forcibly disappeared persons, Salafist advocacy campaign
Russia is trying to open three crossings between the areas of the Syrian regime and the areas under the control of the pro-Turkish militias in Idlib countryside and Bab region – Aleppo, without the suffering of Afrin and its displaced people in Aleppo. Shahba and Sherawa – north of Aleppo from the siege and preventing movement into the Syrian interior – are taken into consideration by Moscow, Ankara and the Syrian regime at a time when violations and crimes continue in Afrin, including:
= Araba Village – Mabata / Mabatli:
It consists of about / 345 / houses, three of which were completely destroyed by the bombing and / 250 / families of the original inhabitants who remained in them, while about / 100 / families were forcibly displaced and the families of the recruits were resettled. During the storming of the village, the gunmen stole copper utensils, electricity, household appliances and supplies for most of the homes, not to mention they looted all the contents of the houses that were seized, as well as the olive press machines belonging to the citizen “Rashid Qali”, a taxi, motorcycles and the equipment of a private local network, the militia of the “Muhammad al-Fateh Brigade” took the home of the displaced citizen “Hekmat Muhammad Rashid” as a military headquarters. She cut down a perennial oak tree in the “al-Maasara” site in the west of the village and / 120 / olive trees in the “Mazarye” site belonging to the citizen Muhammad Bilal son of Bilal, and imposes a royalty of 40% on the olive seasons for the properties of many forcibly displaced citizens, including / 120 / /tanks – 16 liters – of oil from this year’s season for citizen “Hussein Ahmed bin Mohammed”, in addition to the royalties of another financial delegation; As for the level of education in the village, it is poor, and there is no longer a preparatory school as in the past, and these militias completely destroyed and dug the ancient Al-Durumiyeh hill, west of the village, and stole its buried treasures. In addition to cutting trees around it and uprooting about / 200 / olive trees. The “Barbaosh” hill – north-east of the village – was also bulldozed, its treasures stolen and trees uprooted around it, in addition to the destruction of an Alawi mausoleum and exhumation of its remains, and the villagers were subjected to various types of violations, including arrest eight of them and they were forcibly disappeared since April 2018, as five of them were released during the past two months and the fate of “Muhammad Izzat Othman” is still unknown, while Khalil Hassan son of Hassan is in Marate Prison in Afrin, and “Walat tash son of Hassan” is in Al-Ra’i Prison in Al-Bab area.
If the atmosphere of terrorism has prevailed in Afrin region for three years, then how can people celebrate their holidays when they are subjected to daily violations?!
What was promoted by the Syrian Brotherhood and some Kurds who joined it in reviving Nowruz this year was nothing but nonsense and to throw up smokescreens, so the work of the occupation institutions and schools was not suspended on March 21, but rather everyone was assured that they would continue their work on that day.
The Kurds did not dare to set the Nowruz fires as usual or celebrate it in nature freely as they were used to do, remembering the destruction of the statue of “Kawa Haddad” and changing the name of the Nowruz Roundabout to “Saladin” in the city.
In an attempt to beautify his face, the so-called “Muhammad al-Jasim Abu Amsha,” the leader of the “Sultan Suleiman Shah Division” militia, set fire to the square of the town of Shiyeh / Sheikh al-Hadid, and moved his henchmen and some of his collaborators to inform the Kurds in the town and in the village of Qarmitlaq affiliated with it and through mosques Amplifiers – and under threat – to participate in a celebratory charade on March 21 most of the attendees were forced to attend to a seized yard near the dispensary – the paving place for a project.
As for the town of Maydanke, only dozens participated in the Dabkeh near the lake, and at the Durumiyeh site – Mabatli, the Turkish intelligence dispersed a small gathering and photographed all of the attendees and their cars, and in the village of Basuta, some were forced to hold some Dabkas.
= The release of forcibly disappeared persons:
– The two brothers, “Aref and Muhammad Farid Sheikh,” from the village of Joqe, on 3/20/2021.
– Citizens “Walid Jawdat Aliku, born in 1975” on 3/19/2021 AD and “Bakr Mustafa Bakr, born in 1982, Kawa Rashid Aliku on 3/12/2021 AD, and they are from the village of Darkireh – Mabata.”
Where they were arrested nearly three years ago and forcibly hidden in the secret Al-Ra’i Prison in Al-Bab area, and they were transferred to Marate prison – Afrin about two months ago in preparation for their release.
= Other violations:
– Despite the existence of a committee in the “Local Council in the Bulbul District” to prevent the flocks of sheep belonging to the recruits from grazing between agricultural lands and olive fields, and after many of them went to the forests behind the village of “Qizilbash, the Shepherds resort to releasing their flocks at night and allowing them to graze among the agricultural lands of villages: Bele, Qizilbash, and Darwish”, their owners do not dare to go out and try to prevent them. In addition, the leader of the Northern Hawks Brigade militia in these villages receives from the Shepherds fees in exchange for allowing them to do so and protecting them from any complaints lodged against them.
– On 3/23/2021 AD, the “Hamzat Division” militia kidnapped the citizen, “Asad Ahmed Hanan,” from the village of “Qaragul” – Bulbul sub-district, and after two days they referred him to the “Military Police” in the district center, the charges against him are not yet known.
– On 3/21/2021 AD, the occupation authorities arrested Sabri Haydar Ibrahim, Omar Arabo, Haydar Ibrahim Barakat from the village of Basufan – Shirawa, where the first and second were released on the same day, and the third remained in detention.
– As part of a comprehensive religious advocacy campaign carried out by the Salafist group “Ahbab Allah” in Afrin some time ago, a group of them visited the mixed village of “Qibar” of adherents of the Islamic and Yazidi religions, and met with the people in many ways during four days (19-22 / 3 / 2021AD), to invite them to religious extremism and the conversion of the Yazidis to Islam.
The people of Afrin – the remainder of them in Afrin and the displaced to Aleppo and its north – are appealing to the international community, the governments of Moscow and Damascus in particular, to work to lift the siege on them and open a crossing between those areas of their presence and the city of Aleppo and allow them to move to and from the Syrian interior, in respect of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the decision of the Council Security / 2254 / and the Syrian constitution as well.
Media Office – Afrin
The Kurdish Democratic Unity Party in Syria (Yekiti)
– Two photos of Nowruz 2017 and March 21, 2021, on the Maidanaki Lake site – note the difference.
-The archaeological hill of Durumyeh, before and after the sweeping and excavation.
-Tell “Brabaoush” before and after the sweeping and digging.
Translated by Europe’s Organization of Democratic Unity Kurdish Party in Syria (Yekîti)