التقرير الاسبوعي ـ عفرين تحت الاحتلال 136
مترجم إلى اللغة الانكليزية
Afrin under occupation (136):
No commemoration of the Halabja massacre and Nowruz, the kidnapping of a girl, arrests of an entire family, clashes and explosions, seizure of property
After ten years of oppression and fighting in Syria, Erdogan is still persevering with his extremist tendencies and moves against the presence of the Kurds in Syria and their role, and he is calling on the West to support him and to approve his expansion projects, and for the West to stop supporting the Syrian Democratic Forces and re-support the radical militias in Syria sponsored by Turkey, which its record has become full of violations, war crimes, crimes against humanity and its terrorism against all of humanity, including many committed in Afrin, we mention the following:
= As a result of the chaos and the practice of criminality and common persecution against the Kurds in Afrin, the Kurds can no longer commemorate their national events as they were used to do before, and they did not commemorate the terrible massacre of Halabja in 16th March, they also did not prepare for the celebration of the glorious Nowruz, which its mythical symbol statue “Kawa Haddad” was destroyed during the invasion of the city on March 18, 2018.
= Kidnapping and arbitrary arrests:
The Turkish occupation authorities in Afrin arrested:
– The pharmacist “Firas Muhammad”, from the village of Ghazawiya – Sherawa, on 3/16/2021 AD, when he was brutally assaulted in the center of the village during its raid, and “Sham Legion” militias are in control of it.
– The citizens (Jamil Mustafa Muhammad / 73 /, Ali Yusef Mustafa / 59 / years, Asaad Yousef Mustafa / 63 / years, Chilo Manan Mukhtar / 53 / years) from the town of Mabata / Mabatli on charges of participating in night watch during the previous Autonomous Administration. On 3/8/2021 AD, she released two of them on 3/11/2021 AD and the other three on 3/14/2021 AD, after imposing financial fines on them.
– The citizens (Luqman Muhammad Ali, Hamza Muhammad Ali, Mahmoud Hamza Jumah, Mahmoud Sheikh Musa Ali) from the village of Zaare – Bulbul district, on 3/14/2021 AD, without being able to know their recent conditions.
– The citizen “Muhammad Salih Nasiru / 45 / years” from the village of Iska – Sherawa, on 3/15/2021 AD, at the military checkpoint in the village of Turende, while on his way to Afrin to practice his work which he persevered for three years and his fate is still unknown.
– The citizens “Mustafa Kamal Saeed, Joan Othman Karah, Basil Hassan Mus bin Antar, Kamal Wahhab Saeed, Ismail Aliwi, Muhammad Qasim” from the village of Juqe, on 3/15/2021 AD, without being able to know their recent conditions.
– The citizens “Ahmed Jamal Barakat and Basil Bakr Kul” free from Jalameh town, on 3/16/2021 AD.
– The citizens “Munther Hajji, Fawzi Ibish” from the village of Ain Al-Hajar Al-Gharbi – Mabata / Mabatli ten days ago, and “Fawzi” was released on 3/16/2021 after he was fined, while the other is still being held, in addition to the detention of the citizen, Sheikh Ahmed Ezzat Alo / 50 / years old, from the same village more than a month and a half ago, on false charges.
– A family from the town of Jalameh (engineer Walid Hassan Barakat / 40 / years old and his wife Arbil Hanan and their two children), for nearly four months in the Edirne region within the Turkish territory, while trying to emigrate with others by crossing to Greece, where everyone was released. The attorney assigned to the family close to the fact that the Turkish authorities have transferred their members to Syria, without being able to make any contact with anyone, and they are still forcibly hidden and unknown. Noting that the family was displaced from Afrin to Istanbul last summer.
The authorities released all of:
– Ibash Habash son of Ibrahim Khalil, from the village of Araba – Mabatli, who was arrested on April 4, 2018.
– Muhammad Tatar son of Zakaria “from the village of Araba – Mabatli, who was arrested on April 3, 2018.
– Hassan Hamo son of Hamid and Zainab “from the village of Komrasheh-Rajo, who was arrested on April 19, 2018, after they were forcibly disappeared for more than two and a half years in the secret Shepherd prison by the pro-Turkish militias and under the supervision of its intelligence.
– The “Sultan Murad Division” militia recently in Bulbul district kidnapped the citizens “Muhammad Khalil Othman” from the village of Kureh and “Muhammad Sido Kalo” from the village of Ashouneh and insulted them, and released them after four days of disappearance and imposed a ransom of $ 1500 / Each of them.
– The girl, “Kibar Muhammad Hasan” from the people of the village of Shitka – Mabata / Mabatli, was kidnapped on 3/16/2021 AD, on the road between “Ghazawiya and Jenderes”, while she was going to stay with a relative in Jenderes, and after her failure to cross the Turkish border, where she earlier traveled from Aleppo to Afrin with the intention of emigrating.
= Mess and chaos:
– On Saturday 3/13/2021 AD, clashes erupted between the militias of the “Hamzat Division and the Mu’tasim Brigade” in the village of Zaare – Bulbul, as a result of the dispute over the sharing of control points and thefts, which led to injuries between the two sides.
– On Tuesday evening 3/16/2021, a car bomb exploded at the entrance to the city of Afrin from Jenderes side, wounding and killing militia members.
– On the evening of Wednesday 3/17/2021, a Santa Fe jeep was exploded in the Mahmoudiya neighborhood of Afrin, but no one was injured.
– There is a military and security alert in the region in general, especially in the city of Afrin, and the intensification of patrols and armed elements in the streets, coinciding with the day of the announcement of the occupation of the area on March 18 and the Day of Nowruz.
= Other violations:
– One of the leaders of the “Majd Legion” militia recently in the village of Kela – Bulbul, called “Abu Zahr”, harassed the people of the village and blackmailed a number of its citizens and demanded them to pay ransoms, after he extracted pictures of their participation in public activities years before the occupation, and threatened them by arrest and torture, while the citizens do not dare reveal what they are subjected to.
– Ten days ago, a group of bearded and dressed men in the style of al-Qaeda members wandered around Afrin, and informed store owners and people of the need to go to mosques and listen to religious sermons, claiming “to guide people to the right path.”
– After all these crimes committed by the militias in Afrin, some of their leaders slaughtered a sacrifice on the occasion of March 18 “liberating Afrin as they claim” in the city center, and distributed meat to homes, but the original Afrin residents refused to receive it and looked at the matter with disgust.
– In another attempt to beautify the face of the militias, and on 3/18/2021 AD, the militias inaugurated a monument and a roundabout named “The Martyr Meshaal Tammo” in the city of Afrin, at the beginning of the path of his passers-by, while they themselves attacked and changed the names of many landmarks in the city under the supervision of Turkish intelligence.
– Because the gunmen stole the iron fence of some of the tombs of the dead in the cemetery of the Kimar-Shirawa village, some of the people dismantled the fence of the graves of their dead and hid them in their homes, to protect them from theft.
– Within the framework of “Muhammad al-Jasim Abu Amsha” projects to seize the property of the people and open projects to launder his money, his militia “Sultan Suleiman Shah Division,” under the supervision of a Turkish engineer, settled and demolished lands around the clinic building in the town of “Shiye / Sheikh al-Hadid” in preparation for the implementation of a new project it belongs to the citizens, “Yusef Mamo, Mestak Ibrahim, Khoja Hussein, Jamil Khalih,” and without having paid them for it yet. His militia also seized the house of citizen “Othman Omar” and a nearby demolished house, and a settlement was made between the two houses in order to establish another project.
The people of Afrin renew their strong condemnation of those crimes that affect their region and their people, and stress the end to the Turkish occupation and the presence of terrorist militias, and they do not despair, but continue their struggle with steadfastness and strong will.
Media Office – Afrin
The Kurdish Democratic Unity Party in Syria (Yekiti)
– The arrested engineer, Walid Hassan Barakat, and his son.
– An archive photo of Nowruz’s Day before the occupation, 3/21/2013, on the website Tira Valley-Berbeneh” – Raju.
– Destruction of the “Kawa Haddad” statue in Afrin
Translated by Europe’s Organization of Democratic Unity Kurdish Party in Syria (Yekîti)