التقرير الاسبوعي ـ عفرين تحت الاحتلال ـ 172
مترجم إلى اللغة الانكليزية
Afrin under occupation (172):
The village of “Jeqaleh Jumeh”, arbitrary arrests, “Abu Amsha” and intimidation of the people, the bombing of Afrin with missiles, religious extremism
A testimony related to the “Committee for Redressing Grievances in Afrin” – which was formed by some militia officials – says that: “Muhammad Al-Jassem – Abu Amsha” rules the town of Shiye / Sheikh Al-Hadid, and its villages as if it were “Guantanamo Bay”, and confirms that Afrin region is governed by the law of the jungle, the strong rob the weak, and whoever carries a gun in his hand usurps people’s rights as Abu Amsha does; this is a picture of the tragic conditions prevailing in Afrin.
The following is a portion of the violations and crimes committed:
= Jeqaleh Jumeh “Çeqelê Cûmê” Village:
It is located 15 km northeast of the city of Jenderes, and it is administratively subordinate to it.
It consists of about 100 houses, in which about 500 original Kurdish citizens lived – 35% of them were Yazidi Kurds.
They were al displaced to the city of Afrin during the aggression on the region, and about / 21 families = 155 people / forcibly expelled of them, while the rest returned to the village, and about / 30 families = 200 people / from the recruiters were resettled there.
During the war, the house of the citizen “Riyad Ibo Hamdi – Hemedê” was bombed by warplanes, and it was completely destroyed, and the “Ahrar al-Sharqiya” militia took control of the village, and seized / 21 / houses with all their contents for the forcibly displaced, and these houses belong to each of: (“Tatar Gharibo” – The Yazidi, whose house has been converted into a mosque – knowing that his wife is present in the village and resides with one of her relatives, Adnan Tatar, Ibo Hamdi, Abd al-Rahman Ibo Hamdi, Ali Selo, Abd al-Rahman Abdo Nasu, Khalil Abdo Nasu, Qazqli Sido Nasu, Mahmoud Sido Nasu, Muhammad Nasiri, Mustafa Kurd, Masoud Mustafa Kurd, Jankin Mustafa Kurd, Farid Khalil Nasu, Hassan Ammo, Mustafa Nabi Muji, Ziyad Nabi Muji, Ashi Gharibo, Sobhi Ali Jokir, Jalal Sobhi Ali Jokir, Nabi Ahmed Tatar); Most of the contents of the other houses were stolen from supplies, appliances, electrical tools, gas cylinders, copper and glass utensils, brushes, all panels and solar electric supplies and other things, as well as an agricultural tractor for the citizen “Mustafa Kurd”, and more than ten motorcycles, including which belongs to “Mustafa Kurd, Aslan Abdo, and children” Nabi Maji, the children of Ali Suleiman…”, and an artesian well pump for “Mustafa Abdel Rahman”.
It also seized more than 10,000 olive trees and a number of walnut trees belonging to the aforementioned displaced families, and the building of an olive press for “Nabi Musa – Yazidi,” where militia leaders brought stolen milling machines, and installed- and operated them for their own benefit, and forcing the villagers to bring their product of olives in to it.
Nearly 200 olive trees from the properties of the displaced were unjustly cut down, with a number of scattered forest trees were also cut down in the vicinity of the village for firewood and trade, besides that, livestock herds were unjustly grazing between the fields and agricultural lands and without deterrence by the recruiters.
Among the village’s civilians, the young “Hussain Abdul Rahman Hussein / 24 / years old, and the young Walid Sourani son of Jamil / 18 / years old” were martyred immediately after occupying the area on (March 18, 2018 AD) by firing squad in the yard of a school in the city of Afrin, as well as “Farid Khalil” Nasu, Muhammad Abdo Maji” while serving with the Asayish in Raju district, and “Zakaria Ibo Hamdi” while serving within the Asayish in the village of “Dewa” – Jenderes:
And also, four female fighters defending the village were martyred in it, as their bodies remained under the rubble for a long time until the militias exhumed them and buried them in an unknown location.
The remaining residents of the village, even those residing in Turkey, were also subjected to various types of violations, from harassment, financial extortion, kidnapping, arbitrary arrest, and others, such as the militias forcing the Yazidi Kurds to go to the mosque and perform prayers, and taxes are imposed on olive seasons (10% for the seasons of the remaining villagers, 50% for the seasons of absentees), even if this property is entrusted to their relatives in the village.
The Turkish security arrested two batches of the village’s youth and men residing in Istanbul, the first /11 people/ in September 2020, and the second /18 people/ in March 2021 AD on charges of relationship with the former Autonomous Administration, knowing that most of them were Residents in Turkey since the years /2013-2014/AD.
= Arbitrary arrests:
Occupation authorities arrested:
– On 9/21/2021 AD, the citizen “Nisreen Muhammad Waqas / 30 years old” from the town of “Kakhreh”- Mabata / Ma’batli, after the release of her brother, “Muhammad Muhammad Waqas / 30 / years”, who was arrested on 9/18/2021 AD A fine was imposed, while she is still being arbitrarily detained in Marateh prison – Afrin.
– On 1/11/2021 AD, the citizen “Kawa Shams al-Din Muhammad” from the village of “Hajj Hasna” – Jenderes, while returning from Aleppo to Afrin, his fate is still unknown.
– On November 10, 2021 AD, the citizen “Faeq Ahmed Ahmed / 38 years old” from the village of “Zarka” – Raju, a teacher in the elementary school of the village of “Qasim” by the police of the district and the Turkish intelligence, and took him to the center of Afrin.
– On 11/15/2021 AD, the citizen “Joan Mustafa Mustafa / 38 years old” from the village of “Mest Ashura” – Mabata / Ma`abatli, was arrested by the district police and Turkish intelligence, on charges of participating in the night watch during the former Autonomous Administration, and taking him to a police station Afrin.
– On 11/15/2021 AD, the citizen “Hassan Haider / 50 years old” from the village of “Hajj Qasma” – Mabata / Ma`abatli, accused of having ties with the former Autonomous Administration.
– On 11/18/2021 AD, citizens: Masoud Othman Khalo / 32 years old, Haji Murad Haj Abdo / 36 years old, Hanan Ibrahim Mawasem / 35 years old, from the town of “Kafar Safra” – Jenderes, by the “Military Police”, accused of the relationship with the former Autonomous Administration, and their fate is still unknown.
– On 11/18/2021 AD, a fourth batch of citizens of the village of “Mamalu” – Raju, including “Sami Ahmed Hanan / 62 years old, Nashat Murad Kurdi / 40 years old, Muhammad Omar Haikom / 60 years old, Muhammad Suleiman Kuliko / 55 years old / years”, by the district police and Turkish intelligence, on charges of participating in the night watch during the former Autonomous Administration; On a previous date, she had arrested the citizen “Najib Hassan Halo / 62 / years old” from the same village on the same charge and released him the day before yesterday.
-On November 1, 2021, the occupation authorities released the citizen “Qazqli Jamil Maho” from Marateh Prison – Afrin, and he is a resident of the village of “Hekejeh” – Jenderes, and he had been arbitrarily arrested on August 31, 2020 AD.
= chaos and disorder:
– In confirmation of the violations committed by the so-called “Muhammad Al-Jassem Abu Amsha”, the leader of the militia of the “Sultan Suleiman Shah Division” and the terror that he sows in the hearts of the people of the town of Shiye / Sheikh Al-Hadid and villages under his control, an audio clip was circulated belonging to the mayor of the town, “Ahmed Colin Alloush”, the collaborator With him, he recommends the people not to complain about “Abu Amsha” and warns them against revealing the royalties he imposes on them before the “Grievance Response Committee” that recently visited the town, and in another audio clip published by opposition local media, which is attributed to a person with a relationship with the committee, in which he affirms that “Abu Amsha” intimidates people who do not dare to talk about grievances, and that he imposes royalties ($4 for each olive tree, 25% of the season and has a representative in each olive press who takes a tin from every four).
– In confirmation of the continuous attacks against forests by cutting and setting fires, the “Civil Defense in Afrin” said that its teams on November 14, 2021 put out a fire in a forest in the vicinity of the village of “Musaku” – Raju.
= Bombing the city:
On Friday evening, November 19, 2021 AD, the city of Afrin (Al-Vilat Street – the vicinity of Dersim Hospital) was bombarded by six missiles fired from the areas controlled by the Syrian army, which resulted in damage to buildings and cars, and / 3 killed and 17 wounded / according to the “Defense”. civilians in Afrin”, most of whom are civilians, including children.
In response, the Turkish army forces and the militias loyal to it bombarded the villages and towns of “Tel Rifaat, Al-Ziyara and Al-Awda camp, (Beneh, Saghunake) – Mount Leylon” – north of Aleppo with heavy artillery.
= Active religious movement:
In the context of religious extremism and working on ideologizing the society, there is a wide movement to build mosques in all the villages and towns of Afrin. On 16/11/2021 AD, the Coalition Provisional Government Endowments Authority, in cooperation with the Fatwa Department in Bulbul, opened a new mosque in the village of “Upelu” in the presence of representatives of the Turkish Religious Endowment and the Syrian Islamic Council – Istanbul and others.
Testimonies, facts and incidents follow about the systematic hostile policies and practices carried out by the Turkish occupation and the militias of the Syrian-Brotherhood coalition against Afrin and its people, and there is many Syrian figures and forces bearing national, democratic and human rights titles are still silent about them.
Media Office – Afrin
The Kurdish Democratic Unity Party in Syria (Yekiti)
– Jeqaleh Jumeh “Çeqelê Cûmê” village.
– The two martyrs, “Hussein Abdel Rahman Hussein, Walid Jamil Sourani”
– A fire in a forest – around the village of Musaku – Rajo as a result of the bombing of the city of Afrin 11/19/2021 AD.
– The new “Upelu” Mosque – Bulbul, 11/16/2021 AD.
Translated by Europe’s Organization of Democratic Unity Kurdish Party in Syria (Yekîti)