التقرير الاسبوعي ـ عفرين تحت الاحتلال ـ 159
مترجم إلى اللغة الانكليزية
Afrin under occupation (159):
The villages of “Kura and Khudriya” are under occupation, a family of two infants forcibly hidden, kidnapping and arrests, the bombing of Afrin, “Al-Jassem” expels a family.
The cosmetic and misleading statements do not cover the ugliness and enormity of the aggressive practices and policies of the Turkish occupation authorities and its mercenaries against Afrin and its people, as violations and crimes are committed in a systematic and widespread manner.
Below we review some of them:
= Village “Kora/Koran”:
It belongs to Jenderes district and is /6/km away from its center to the north, and consists of /160/ houses, in which there were about /1120/ original Kurdish inhabitants, about /1000/ of them returned, and the rest were forcibly displaced, and about /270 families = 1500 people/ of the recruiters were resettled in the village, and in tents erected around it.
During the aggression on the area and the bombing, the house of “Idris Bakr” was completely destroyed and some houses were partially damaged, including the two-stories house of “Engineer Muhammad Omar”.
The “Ahrar al-Sham” militia, which controlled the village, prevented the residents from entering it for about two weeks, during which they stole some of the contents of most of the houses, including supplies, copper and glass utensils, electrical power supplies and furniture, and tampered with the other and threw some of them at the outskirts of the village, the returnees were forced to collect their discarded belongings from here and there, and she also stole all the cables of the public electricity network and many cars and vehicles, such as (a Skoda car belonging to Khadija Muhammad Omar, a Hyundai pickup belonging to Hussein Hajj Prem), which were returned to them after paying royalties, and a saloon van for “Farid Batal Hanan” at the beginning of March 2019, a private car, a sum of money, and several cell phones for the two brothers, “Rasheed and Deidar Khorshid” in September 2020.
It also seized / 108 / tins of olive oil – season 2018 AD for “Tawfiq Hanan Khurshid” and also his house and the house of “Farid Batal Hanan”, and inhabited two families for its leaders in them, and also for holding meetings, and took the house of “Sadiq Khurshid” as a prison and a place for interrogation and torture, and the house of “Idris Jalameh” as a military headquarters, and also seized dozens of other homes, including for the late “Hussein Khurshid” after expelling his widow from it.
In September 2020, the citizen “Golestan Ibish” was assaulted and severely beaten by people who came from Ghouta, upon her return from a visit to the village and asked them to leave her house – which is located in the city of Jenderes – which they seized after her absence from home for only one day.
The militias impose a /3%/ royalty on the production of olive seasons, and the owners of the three olive presses paid large financial royalties in return for receiving and operating them themselves.
This year, it imposed a royalty of $200 on each agricultural tractor, and forced its owners to cultivate the olive fields seized for free.
It also cut down about /75/ olive trees, some of which are 40 years old, owned by the citizen “Tawfiq Hanan Khurshid”, in order to make firewood and charcoal and cause damage.
The residents of the village were subjected to various types of violations and crimes such as arrest, kidnapping, torture, insult and material extortion, and most of those who were released paid ransom, and the fate of three detainees is still unknown.” Since late 2018.
The elderly “Muslim Ahmed Amek / 87 / years old” was also missing on May 14, 2020, who used to live in the Ashrafieh neighborhood in Afrin, and on May 19, 2020, his body was found beside Afrin River – the Karsana site near the city. He died in mysterious circumstances; also, the two citizens, “Kaniwar Hussein Alloush, 29 years old, and his uncle Samir Manan Alloush, 40 years old” were also martyred on 2/1/2020 near the town of “Babans” – north of Aleppo, as a result of the detonation of a landmine under their tractor, which they were riding in a forested area.
= Khudriya “Xudriya” village:
It belongs to Bulbul sub-district and is /8/ km away from its center, and it consisted of /110/ houses, and there were approximately /600/ original Kurdish inhabitants, they were all displaced during the aggression on the region, and about / 18 families = 80 people / only returned, and / 60 families = 300 people / from the recruiters were resettled there, most of whom are shepherds from the countryside of Hama and Homs.
During the aggression, about twenty houses were completely or partially destroyed, including the houses of (Ahmed Muhammad Ajou, Ahmad Koshkar, Nazir Fadel Sheikho).
The militia of the “Hamza Division” controls the village, and it has a headquarters in the neighboring village of “Qastal”, and its members carry out frequent patrols.
All homes were robbed and looted, including supplies, copper and glass utensils, tools and equipment, and the militias stole cables and wooden poles for the public electricity network, as well as tractors, cars and machinery belonging to the people, including a tractor belonging to “Khalil Abdo”, where the people were able to retrieve most of them after they paid royalties.
The remaining residents of the village were subjected to various types of violations, including arrest and extortion, in order to push them to migrate from the village.
The militias have completely taken over the properties of the displaced, including those belonging to the families (Aziz Sheikho, Fawzi Abdo, Muhammad Mustafa Naqo), and impose a royalty of /50% on the production of the seasons of citizens whose property is managed by their relatives, and a royalty of /10-15%/ on the production of seasons (Olives, grapes, sumac…) for the property of the remaining.
The forests surrounding the village, which contain rare and perennial trees, such as the sites of “Serê Çiyê” and “Kincê Bîlê”, were subjected to excessive cuts for logging and coal industry, and the site of “Serê Çiyê” was subjected to a major digging and excavation in search of antiquities and treasures to stol= Family forcibly hidden:
On June 7, 2020, the occupation authorities arrested the brothers “Jankin / 32 / year – with his wife and her infant child- and Shiar / 30 / year – his wife was absent-, and Muhammad / 28 / year-old and his wife Jilan Hamalo – with her infant child” from their home in Ashrafieh neighborhood in Afrin city, when their parents, “Othman Majeed Naasan, 65, and his wife, Zainab Abdo, 60,” visited the military headquarters in the neighborhood to inquire about the fate of their children, they were also arrested on trumped-up charges, they were all taken to an unknown destination, and a few days later, the Levantine Front militia seized the family house – from the village of “Rûta” in the Ma’batli district – which was inhabited by the four families-, and stole all its contents, including furniture, tools and equipment’s.
About a month ago, the elderly “Zeinab” was released from the women’s section in Marateh Prison – Afrin, due to a terminal illness that afflicted her, while the wives of “Jankin and Muhammad” with their two infants remained detained there; She is now residing with her sister in the village of “Kazeh” and does not know anything about her husband and her three children, their fate is unknown, as The occupation authorities did not bring any of the seven detainees to trial, even a mock trial, instead, they were subjected to severe torture.
= Kidnapping and arbitrary arrests:
– Two months ago, the Military Police in the city of Afrin arrested Dalil Ramadan Seido /30/ years old, from the village of Gawanda – Raju, on charges of having ties to the former Autonomous Administration, who worked as a tailor in the city, it is reported that his brother “Muhammad / 25 / years” was arrested in the village more than two and a half years ago, and he is still detained.
– On 7/8/2021 AD, the “Military Police” – Raju town checkpoint arrested the citizen “Sherif Akash Qanbar / 30 / years” from the village of “Qastal Maidan”, on charges of having relations with the former Autonomous Administration, and he was taken to Marateh prison in Afrin.
– On August 12, 2021 AD, the “Nour al-Din Zangi” militia kidnapped the citizen “Haidar Al-Amo” from the village of “Feririeh”, from his olive oil shop in the city of Jenderes, and took him to an unknown destination, and demanded a ransom of 10 thousand dollars for his release.
– On 12/8/2021 AD, the militias of the “Military Police” in Bulbul district, in cooperation with the “Al-Majd Corps” militias, arrested the citizens “Kawa Ali Aziz Ma’mo” 37 years old, Hassan Ahmed Sido (Jerko) / 56 years “from the people of the village” Kela”, on the pretext that they went out on guard shifts during the previous Autonomous Administration days, and took them to Marateh prison in Afrin, and they were released on August 15, 2021 AD after imposing a fine on them.
– On August 12, 2021 AD, the young man, “Abdul Rahman Muhammad Majeed / 18 years old”, from the town of “Kafar Safra” drove a motorcycle towards the cities of Jenderes and Afrin and did not return, and his fate is still unknown.
– On 15/8/2021 AD, the “Military Police” and Turkish intelligence, accompanied by the “Al-Sham Legion” militia, arrested the citizens “Joan Mustafa Sheikho / 20 / years old, his sister Rokan / 22 / years old, and Haitham Sheikho Sheikho / 40 / years old”, and took them to the Intelligence Branch in the city of Jenderes, they are still detained.
– On 15/8/2021 AD, the Military Police checkpoint at the junction of the village of “Qatmeh” – Shara arrested the expatriate citizen “Rasheed Bilal Alo / 60 / years old” and his elderly mother Aisha / 85 years old, from the village of “Kela” – Bulbul upon his return from Germany to Syria, he went with his mother from Aleppo to Afrin, where the elderly woman was released the next day and “Alo” a day later.
– On August 17, 2021 AD, the occupation authorities arrested the citizens “Abdo Hanan Sabry, 21 years old, Ali Yusef Ali, 40 years old, Sherhat Zaim Hassan, 27 years old, and Murad Qazqli Dalo, 20 years old” from the village of “Hekejeh” – Jenderes, accused of having ties to the former Autonomous Administration, and they were released two days later; Some of them were previously arrested.
– The citizen “Zaki Arabo” from the village of “Qibar” recently returned to his home located near -Al-Jabal pastries- the eastern entrance to Afrin city, coming from Aleppo. He was arrested and released, then he was kidnapped/arrested for the second time and released after paying a ransom.
= bombardment and explosion of a mine:
– Wednesday, August 18, 2021 AD, several rocket shells landed in two batches on the city of Afrin, fired from the areas under the control of the Syrian army and the Russian influence; some of them fell on agricultural lands west of the city, and one on a fuel center on the western highway, where material damage occurred, killing a man, a woman and a child, and wounding four – according to the Civil Defense, amid fear and anxiety of the people.
For its part, the Turkish army forces and the militias loyal to them responded by bombing the areas of “Menege Airport, Al-Ziyara village, Ain Daqna, Mara’anaz” and others – north of Aleppo, which is under the control of the Syrian army.
– On August 18, 2021 AD, a landmine exploded in the village of “Tal Shaer” – north of Aleppo, which is crowded with displaced people from Afrin, due to tampering with it, injuring two children, they are “Mustafa Ahmed Rasho / 14 years old” from the village of “Shekhutka” – Maabatli, Mustafa Bakr Habash / 14 years old, from the village of “Kureh” – Bulbul. They were taken to Afrin Hospital in the town of Fafin for treatment.
= sporadic violations:
– Ten days ago, the village of “Qurt Qulaqeh – Shara / Sharan has been living under pressure, arrests, torture and insults, because of the allegations of a family of recruits against two Kurdish families and accusing them of killing an armed man from their children seven months ago, and attacking their members with insults, beatings and threats with weapons, until The militias of the “Military Police” accompanied by the militias of the “Sultan Murad Division” kidnapped/arrested about twenty citizens of the village, including women, the elderly, and the mayor of the village, who was severely beaten because of his questioning about the conditions of the arrested, then released some of them, and others are still detained, Because of the prevailing terror and the difficulty of communicating with the families, they refrain from providing sufficient information, for fear of being subjected to harsher penalties. We have obtained the names of some detainees, but we were not able to access other and accurate details of the situation.
– For more than a year and a half, about every three months, the militias of the “Sultan Murad Division” have been demanding the original residents in the sector of their control in Afrin (the old city, Rajo main street), and “Ahrar al-Sharqiya” in the Mahmudiya neighborhood, to show proof of their ownership of the properties they occupy , in order to seize more homes and shops, after forcing them to evict them under any pretext, at a time when it is difficult to secure documents from state institutions or those registered with the former Autonomous Administration, many of which have been lost due to displacement and thefts that affected homes and shops during the city’s invasion.
The militias deployed in Afrin impose royalties on everyone who returns to their homes, in addition to the harassment they are subjected to, as well as the imperative of arrest and interrogation on the pretext of “compromise” by the Turkish police and intelligence, imprisoning them – even for days – and imposing a fine on them; As the militia of the “Sultan Suleiman Shah Division”, led by the so-called Muhammad Al-Jassem, imposes a royalty of up to two thousand US dollars on everyone who returns to the town of Shiye / Sheikh Al-Hadid and the villages under its control, and whoever does not pay or is not able to, is not allowed to return or He will be expelled if he has arrived, as happened with the two sisters “Delphin and Fatima Jamil Othman” from the people of the village of “Qarmitlaq” who returned from Lebanon and were unable to pay the required amount, so “Al-Jassem” did not allow them to return to the village, so they remained residing in the city of Afrin with their relatives. ; He also imposed on the returning family of “Ibrahim Seydou Sheikh Amin” an exorbitant fee for their return to the town of Shiye, and due to the inability to pay two thousand dollars, the family of the citizen “Sulaiman Hajj Ibrahim son of Muhammad, 35,” recently, who returned about a month ago, was expelled from “Shiye”, shortly after the release of “Muhammad” from prison on 1/7/2021 CE and a short stay with his father-in-law in the town of Baadina, he was arrested on 3/28/2018 and forcibly disappeared for three years and three months.
The militias of the “Special Forces – Al-Sham Legion”, led by Abdullah Halawa, have since Tuesday 17/8/2021 AD, cut the secondary roads leading to the orchards and agricultural fields in the plains of the village of “Burj Abdalo” – Sherawa, in order to blackmail the residents and force them to pay financial fees for opening it.
This bleak picture of the general situation in the region is forcing others who remain to forcibly migrate – the last difficult and painful option, and there are those returning home who are facing the harshness of reality despite being prepared to endure the difficulties.
Media Office – Afrin
The Kurdish Democratic Unity Party in Syria (Yekiti)
– The village of “Kura” – Jenderes.
– The village of “Khudriya” – Jenderes.
– The bombing of Afrin, 18/8/2021 AD.
Translated by Europe’s Organization of Democratic Unity Kurdish Party in Syria (Yekîti)