التقرير الاسبوعي ـ عفرين تحت الاحتلال 143
مترجم إلى اللغة الانكليزية
Afrin under occupation (143):
The death of a citizen as a result of cruel treatment, the villages of “Barbneh and Kafarjaneh” under violations and crimes, kidnapping of a minor girl, royalties and ransoms
Between the lines of the suffering of the people of Afrin is no less than what is apparent on it, bullying, arrogance and hatred towards the remaining of them in the region, in addition to the violations and crimes that affect them daily, including:
= The death of a citizen as a result of cruel treatment:
On 4/21/2021 AD, the citizen “Yahya Ali Hamkaro / 55 / years old” died in the village of Kurzele – Afrin district, with a heart attack after his health deteriorated as a result of the pressures and harsh treatment he was subjected to when he was detained for a day on 4/18/2021 AD by the “Ahrar Al-Sham” militias because of his refusal to hand over the house of his deceased mother -for more than a month- in the village to them to accommodate a family from the village residents.
= Village of Barbaneh:
A small village in Rajo district, 7 km away from its center, and it consists of / 90 / houses.
There were about / 320 / indigenous Kurdish residents, all them were displaced due to the aggression on the area, and about / 60 families = 180 people remained, and about / 40 families = 200 people/ were resettled in it, in addition to /30/ families were resettled in tents east of the village.
The “Hamzat Division” militia controlling the village periodically imposes royalties on each family ranging between / 200-1000 / Turkish liras, in addition to cutting down most of the forest trees in the “Kenkaih” cemetery, south of the village.
Most of the village’s houses were subjected to the theft of electrical cables, solar panels and its accessories, supplies, copper and glass utensils and some livestock, in addition to the seizure of more than thirty houses, including “the late Abdeen Khalil, Muhammad Hanan Rashid, Muhammad Hanan Khalil, Mahmoud Muhammad Habash, Manan Dawood” And the militia took the home of citizen “Muhammad Nur Habash” as a military headquarters.
The people of the village were subjected to various violations, including arbitrary arrests of a number of them for different periods, where they were released after they were forced to pay a ransom. However, the citizen “Muhammad Haydar” was transferred after his arrest to Turkey and was sentenced to one year in prison, which he spent in a Turkish prison.
Citizen Khalil Hanan Daoud / 65 / years old, died on 18/8/2018 from a heart attack after being insulted and beaten upon his request to return his livestock that had been stolen by the gunmen.
On the other hand, and within the framework of the extremist religious movement taking place in the region, a mosque was built in the village by Turkish religious bodies with the help of the “local council in Raju”.
= The village of Kafarjaneh:
It is famous for its summer resorts and its clean air, belonging to the Sharra / Sharan sub-district, consisting of about / 200 / houses, in which about 800 / inhabitants were indigenous Kurds, and about / 450 / people remained, and about / 400 / of the recruits were resettled there.
Four villas between Kafarjaneh and the village of Matina were destroyed by air strikes during the invasion, all the houses and shops belonging to the people of the village were completely looted, and tractors and cars were stolen, some of which were recovered after paying financial fees, and the seizure of about / 40 / houses, and /15 / store in the village junction was restored by its owners after two years, and many booths were opened in the Mafraq site as a marketplace for buying and selling (tools, machinery, and household furniture) stolen by the militia elements controlling Afrin.
The “Levantine Front” militia controls the village and the Mafraq site, and has a military headquarters and a secret prison in the buildings of the former “Al-Tala’a Camp,” which local media talk about it as a place similar to “Saydnaya prison” and it has detainees who were forcibly disappeared for nearly three years. it cut almost completely the forest between “Kafarjaneh” and the neighboring village of “Mashole / Mishaale” to the west, and part of the “camp” forest.
The people of Kafarjaneh have been subjected to various types of violations and crimes, including arbitrary arrests of nearly forty citizens, most of whom paid bribes and huge financial ransoms in exchange for their release, the citizen Rifaat Hamid Hamdoush died on 12/6/2018, two days after his release, after he was kidnapped and imprisoned for more than / 75 / days in Azaz and was tortured in addition to his family paying a large ransom.
In addition, more than / 100 / houses and villas between the two junctions of the villages “Kafarjaneh” and “Qutme”, which belong to citizens, most of whom are strangers to the two villages, and it have been completely looted and seized, and some of them have taken up as military headquarters for the militias.
= Kidnapping of a minor girl:
At two o’clock on the night of 4/25/2021 AD, an armed group raided a Kurdish family’s house in the village of “Kherabe Sharra”, and severely beat its owner and kidnapped his minor daughter, “M.H.A.H.A./16 / years old”, the operation sparked confusion in the village, as the “Sultan Malakshah Division” militia and its leader in the village “Abu Bilal Hanish” was forced to move and search the homes of the people under the pretext of searching for the kidnappers, which caused panic among them, and it worked to close the case and cover it up so that the father would not file a complaint with someone, and by morning, the girl was found dumped near the Sharra / Sharran junction in a deplorable condition.
On the other hand, there are cases of coercion of girls or their families to marry them to men they do not agree with, under threat, extortion or kidnapping.
Recently, in the city of Jenderes, a Kurdish family (Kh.Q.) was forced to marry off its daughter to the son of the family from the Arabic component residing in the village of Derbalut – Jenderes, where that Arab family is fortified by the militia of the so-called “Syrian National Army”.
= Other violations:
– On 4/22/2021, the “Special Forces – Sham Legion” militia led by the so-called “Abdullah Halawa” kidnapped two citizens, “Hussein Omar Aboush / 27 / and Khalil Muhammad Omar / 29 / years old,” from the village of Basuta, and exposed them to sever torture under the pretext of investigating the murder of “Nozat Tobal and Haifa Qassem”, which took place on 23/2/2021 by the bombing of the latter’s house by its members, they were released after a week in exchange for a large ransom of money, and they are currently bedridden.
– On 4/20/2021 AD, the so-called “Abdo Othman,” the leader of the “Special Forces – Legion of Sham” militia, imposed on each one of those from the village of Burj Abdalu – Shirawa-: “Ali Mesto son of Muhammad, Aras Othman son of Sadiq, Imad Kalaho son of Abd al-Hamid, Hazem Kalaho son of Abdul Hamid, Abdul Hamid Kalaho son of Haj Ahmed, Adel Hassan son of Khalil, and Nabi Sido”, to pay a royalty of $ 5,500 / US dollars under threat and beating, in exchange for not stealing a tractor or a car from each of them, and their request was fulfilled, none of them dared to complain about him to any party.
A week ago, “Abdo Othman” stole twenty sheep from twenty citizens of “Burj Abdalo”, who are Sheep breeders and each one of them has between (10-20 heads), knowing that, during the past year two sheep were taken from each of them.
It is reported that these militias have a headquarters and a secret prison in the house of the captured “Bahri Agha” citizen in the village, and that “Abdo Othman” was a security official in the “Hamzat Division” at the time when an armed group stormed the house of the elderly “Aisha Hanan / 80 / years” on the night of 8 / 11 / 2018AD, and killed her by strangling and stealing jewelry and money from her home.
– On the evening of 4/28/2021 AD, the “Civil Police” in Rajo district center accompanied by the Turkish intelligence arrested the citizen “Muhammad Rashid Osman / 61 / years old” from his home in the town of Baadina, on the pretext that he ran for the municipal elections during the previous Autonomous Administration; She had arrested the elderly citizen “Muhammad Rashid Manan” from the same town on 4/25/2021 for hours.
– On 8/4/2021 in the village of Kure – Bulbul sub-district, Abu Othman, one of the leaders of the “Sultan Murad Division” militia, held a large lunch for the so-called “Grievance Redress Committee” in the presence of the leaders of the “Military and Civil Police” and “Sultan” militias Murad “in the villages of the district, in an attempt to hide the violations and crimes committed in cooperation with the aforementioned committee.
– On the night of 4/18/2021, an armed group discharged 500 liters of Chlorine to sterilize water, and stole batteries, tools, and 550 liters of diesel from the drinking water pumping station near the village of Kela – Bulbul, as the station was equipped at the end of last March in place of the one that was stolen during the entire invasion of the village.
– Abu Walid, one of the leaders of the “Legion of Glory” militia in the village of Zarka – Raju, pushes his partner to graze his flock of sheep (100 heads) unfairly between the olive fields and vineyards belonging to the people of Zarka and the neighboring villages, under the threat of their opposing owners with weapons.
= A mess and Chaos:
– On the evening of 4/25/2021 AD, armed men in a car threw a grenade in the middle of the main street near the Nowruz roundabout in Afrin and fled, which exploded and wounded two children of varying degrees.
– On the evening of 4/29/2021 AD, gunmen threw a grenade at a vehicle of the “Sultan Murad Division” militia near the Maydanki-Sharra / Sharran dam, the result was limited to material damage.
The people of Afrin contemplate and appeal to the international community to stand by their side against the terrorism represented by the Syrian terrorist militias associated with the Syrian-Brotherhood coalition, with the participation, supervision and planning of the Turkish occupation.
Media Office – Afrin
The Kurdish Democratic Unity Party in Syria (Yekiti)
– The late “Yahya Ali Hamkaro / 55 / years old.”
– The forest of the “Kenkaih” tomb, south of the village of Berbaneh-Rajo, before it was cut down.
– The late Khalil Hanan Daoud / 65 / years old.
– A destroyed house in the village of “Kafarjaneh” – Sharra / Sharran.
– An armed checkpoint of the “Levant Front” militia – the junction of the village of “Kafrjaneh” – Sharra / Sharran.
– The so-called “Abdo Othman”, the leader of the “Special Forces – Sham Legion” militia.
– Drinking water pumping station near the village of Kela – Bulbul.
Translated by Europe’s Organization of Democratic Unity Kurdish Party in Syria (Yekîti)